What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop request if you have extra time :)

This is a self headshot I did straight out the camera I know it could benefit from some editing/retouching. I am looking for a professional look (or as much so with what I have to work with). I don't have photoshop yet :( Could anyone play with it and make it look awesome?
IMG_7801-001.JPG

I think a simple duplicate layer in linear burn mode 40/50% would highlight that nicely?

There are free programs you could try before you venture into Photoshop. Here is a great link started by Zeealex, one of our mods.

This is not to say that I think no one on this forum should help you out with your request. I'm suggesting that you may want to give it a try, since tis issue will probably come up for you again! Lovely lady, btw.

Although I totally agree with the above advice (and seriously wonder if you truly have any interest in learning any such programs), I did play with the photo for a bit. I tried linear burn as iDad suggested, but settled on multiply as less harsh. I made a few other adjustments, dodge, clone out blemishes and smooth color some, and paint a bit of color.

retouch.jpg

thank you so much! I am checking out the free programs, I downloaded GIMP and hope to learn a little about it. Or at least enough to edit photos a bit

There are a thousand and one ways to do something like this. If you're serious about photography, get Photoshop. There are plenty of tutorials on the net and help sites like this one to answer your questions and give you advice.

Attachments

• IMG_7801-001.JPG
    IMG_7801-001.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 92
holy crap that's gorgeous. I have been doing photography as a hobby forever. I don't think I need photoshop since it's just about 15 photos like this one I want photoshopped. I usually take pictures of makeup and nail polish for my blog and a table tent suffices along with light editing I can do with picasa. With that being said I'm always trying to better my hobby and I do plan to get photoshop when I can. I need professional head shots done and that's going to cost 400 plus 200 for makeup/hair. I was playing around to see how good I could do by myself and was pretty pleased with my results for it being a first try. For what I need, do you think it's worth to pay someone to edit the whole set of photos? (I apologize if I'm not allowed to discuss payment)

if you want great results then paying is definitely a good way or learning more depends on how important the photos are too you and the subject , pm sent
plenty of good tutorials around if you decide too do it yourself

You should probably start new thread of your own in the freelance section

I was actually directing that comment to rghasson

Last edited:
paparazzi, I suggest you send Hawkeye pm I'm sure he can help you

I do urge you to at least download a trial version of Photoshop, and remember Photoshop Elements is really not very expensive to buy, considering what you get for your cash.
As far as the image below is concerned, I didn't spend alot of time on it. Adjusted Curves, Levels, and obviously colouring.
If you do have a go yourself, then I'd suggest spending a good amount of time learning about the layers palette, and layer masks.

Anyway, here's one take on your image.
IMG_7801-001-edit_zps25b43c4d.jpg

Duplicated original lowered opacity with colour boost applied, new layer black surround blurred to create vignette, new layer filled with white set to soft light lowered opacity

faced.jpg

Back