What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop request!

Erienne

Hello!
Help please! I would like to have the picture below photoshopped to a) remove the shadows from the faces of the 2 females furthest right and b) Add some shadows (or contrast?) to the man on the right. This special family photo was taken on a beautiful summer day earlier this year and I'd love to print it off and frame it as a Christmas present! Unfortunately, my mother, on the far right, has recently been diagnosed with a serious lung condition and the prognosis is not looking very good :'( I would love to have this photo fixed up to look better so I can give it to all my family members.
Please feel free to do what you can if any other areas require touch up.
Thanks so so much! :)
1family summer 2015.JPG

Because of the extreme overexposure in some of the areas on the right side of the image, there is almost no detail in the face of the man. Much of his face is nothing more than R=G=B=255 (ie, pure white) and will have to be manually recovered and then colorized. OTOH, the LHS of the image is easy to brighten up a bit.

Unfortunately, I only had a short time to devote to your image today, but I will try to return to it in the next day or two.

Here's as far as I got: (a) reduced the geometric distortions and camera tilt; (b) brightened up, and evened out the exposure in the left half of the image; (c) tweaked the skin colors in the LHS of the image; (d) recovered some luminosity (ie, black and white) information for the two right most subjects. Since I'm not sure I'll be able to get back to this tonight, anyone who wants to use my tweaked version as the basis of a re-coloring exercise should feel free to use what I've done thusfar.

Sorry I couldn't get any further today.

Tom M

Attachments

• 1family_summer_2015-tjm01-acrX3-ps01a_sRGB_16bpc-02_part_BW.jpg
    1family_summer_2015-tjm01-acrX3-ps01a_sRGB_16bpc-02_part_BW.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 6
Thanks so much for responding Tom! Lightened up side looks great! I appreciate your efforts thus far :)

Sorry this took so long to get to.
Everyone here is rediculously sick.

Anywho... i hope this effort is suitable for you Erienne.
It was actually a fair bit of work, but i loved the challenge.
You'll see the details better in the full sized version. This is your original hi res copy. So just save the file to your computer and print it off.

I didn't completely remove the shadow from your mother, because it didn't look realistic enough afterward. But it's been removed enough i think to reveal her facial features and such. Same goes for the other girl.

Have a great Christmas.
Mark (aka theKeeper)...

1family summer 2015 v3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you soooo much!!! It looks so much better! I appreciate this very much.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)

Back