What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic resize

maxi

Hi,

I attached 2 pictures.
How do i make the transform from "original" to "new" picture ?
I tried to play with pic size to make it same, but result is not same.

Thanks

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 24
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 24
Image -> Image size -> Click Constrain proportions + Resample Image.

Play with one of the numbers, the other will change itself. Keep changing the "Document Size" width and/or height until you get the desired size. I think this is what you were asking anyway lol.

Hi there

Well, I tried to play with the numbers. The target has the dimensions of 180*155 pxl, however even after changing it in the originalfile, the picture doesnt come out like the target one.
See file my_try as to my try to make the above changes in dimensions
and see file new which is the target.

Plus, my try file size is 4 times bigger.

Thanks so much for your help

Attachments

• my_try.jpg
    my_try.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 13
  • target.jpg
    target.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 13
why not just use the image on the right.

FYI You have a tighter crop on the image to the left so it will make the pram\stroller look larger.

yes due to the crop being tighter and yet shrinking the image down to the same pixel aspect ratio as the image that has not got such a tight crop

Hi Paul,

Yes, this is what i tried to do originally but the outcome is not good as you see.
I think the answer is in hoogle reply. Will check it out.

Thanks

Hi hoogle,

These 2 pictures are a test case. I managed to get someone to make it as the pic on the right, but he only did it. didnt explain how to do.
I have more pic that i want to transform in the same way.
Original pic is in the first thread i posted. The pic there on the left is a given. The one on the right is the target.
How can i make the layouts bigger so when shrinking it will look ok ?

Thanks

Hi hoogle,

These 2 pictures are a test case. I managed to get someone to make it as the pic on the right, but he only did it. didnt explain how to do.
I have more pic that i want to transform in the same way.
Original pic is in the first thread i posted. The pic there on the left is a given. The one on the right is the target.
How can i make the layouts bigger so when shrinking it will look ok ?

Thanks

Hi there,

Any updates guys ?

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

Before youResample Image, hit ctrl+t, hold your finger on shift, and shrink the image slightly, place the image in the centre of the canvas, hit return. Add a new layer under the prams layer, and fill it with the same colour as the background with the pram. this way the crop on the image is not so tight. You can now follow the earlier instructions to reduce the size of the image. the final file size can be lowered in the option while saving, though this reduces the quality.

Back