What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Picture Help

packofwolves3

Hello! I’m creating a series of “Stranger Things” themed photos, where I’m dressed as the character “Eleven” - she can move things with her mind, for those unfamiliar with the show.

I did some amateur photoshop with an app, but was wodnering if anyone could add one thing for each of the two photos.

1. Can a shadow be added to the wall and/or ground for the trash bag, trash can, and broom, to help it look more realistic, and less photoshopped?

2. Can anyone put the shadow monster (3rd pic) in the background of the dog picture? I tried, but it looks terrible. It would be awesome if someone could make that picture look creepy.

As always, I appreciate the time anyone can spend to help me out,

Thanks!

Attachments

• F851CB16-113B-4A6D-92E9-272D63518060.jpeg
    F851CB16-113B-4A6D-92E9-272D63518060.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • CBFF4651-6A8F-4517-B366-4CA15A76A439.jpeg
    CBFF4651-6A8F-4517-B366-4CA15A76A439.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 8F0A33F6-8687-49B1-9A66-2FDAE7A117B6.jpeg
    8F0A33F6-8687-49B1-9A66-2FDAE7A117B6.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 10

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@The_Big_Sixy Your shadows are inaccurate in shape, placement, gradation, and too dark. You should observe the shadows on the subject and do your best to mimic the tone, diffusion, and direction. Look at the existing shadows of the trash can at the top. The shadow of the vacuum is odd and appears to be backwards as well as being cast in the wrong direction for the light source in the hallway. You also left out the shadow of the power cord. A plastic bag will have a lightened area in the center of the penumbra due to it's semi transparency which allows some light to penetrate. It's positioning on the wall is to high and centered and you left out the handles.

Overall, this is not one of your better jobs.

packofwolves3

@The_Big_Sixy Your shadows are inaccurate in shape, placement, gradation, and too dark. You should observe the shadows on the subject and do your best to mimic the tone, diffusion, and direction. Look at the existing shadows of the trash can at the top. The shadow of the vacuum is odd and appears to be backwards as well as being cast in the wrong direction for the light source in the hallway. You also left out the shadow of the power cord. A plastic bag will have a lightened area in the center of the penumbra due to it's semi transparency which allows some light to penetrate. It's positioning on the wall is to high and centered and you left out the handles.

Overall, this is not one of your better jobs.

Any chance you could give it a try for me?!

fogo00

Power User
Did some work on the pic with the dog. Hope its what you expected :)stranger things.jpg

Attachments

• stranger things.jpg
    stranger things.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0