What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planet with terrain

Im gonna try all of that after I get done "ADJUSTING" my other computer. It seems that when I turned it on tonight it wanted to be persnickity and let the primary HARD DRIVE fail. Well I know how to take care of those pesky computers, just like my patients ::roots around garage for large plumber's wrench:: Back in a little bit ::mummbles::

ha ha ha Silvrwolf maybe you should invest in steel cap boots and write some threatening letters he he he
hope you scare the bajebers outa it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
sfm

Gaus Thanks for the link, looks very interesting. BTW how many forums are you a member of? ;)

Don't know how you do it Gauss! [confused] And the amazing thing is... you do it so well!

Okay Rick, your excellent tute results prompted me to try this one out too. [right on]During my many hours of surfing the net for PS tutes, I have happened upon a number of these 'planetary' ones. I have never had a 'desire' to even try them.... before now...

This forum has taken me into areas where I would never have dared to venture before... to infinity and beyond?

D it! I did it again... forgot the attachment. ;\

Oh... and after that big 'speech', I just want to add that yeah, I got lazy in the background department and pasted in Stu's fabulous starfield.

Taaa daaaaaaa

This is just one of the reasons why I like to help people. It makes me really happy to see how you improved that one SilvrWolf, really nice job :perfect:

I always keep telling myself that I will never be a Rembrandt, but if I can improve every day I will be a very happy man ;)

Nice one Wendy :perfect:

I can see how this technique that you used can very useful. I still have a project on hold that deals with planets and stars and after seeing all this I'm thinking about giveing it a try again. Your link to that tutorial gave me some ideas, although I have the (bad?) habbit to wander off in other techniques when I start a tutorial :\

Thanks Gaus.

Great texture in your planet Wendy. I like your feel.

SilvrWolf that really fantastic. A vast improvement over the first one. Maybe my second one will show as much promise! [confused]

Gauss, I know what you mean. I'm easily distracted myself! [shhh]

WATER

Pakmn here
When I do the rtutorial up to step 7 every thing seems to be ok, when i do step 7
I dont get the same effect as the tutorial ,not a terrain layer, I get a colored layer. Is the water channel supposed to be selected to do this or does the new layer I create and fill with gray
supposed to work for me. Hard to explain. but if you look at my pic youll see thet the water is not good. any help here?:D

picture

Opps ,guess iI need to laod that pic

Not my day

Major plumbing problems today and now pic wont up load. ttry again.

Nice work Pakmn and a good way to try out the different techniques in Photoshop :perfect: Trust me, you will learn a lot from doing this. That's how I learned how all the filters work; great for creating textures. ;)

got that water

Just got that water finally, dont know how though,didnt follow the tutorial stp by step and got this with a few variations

Oh, that looks quite good Pakmn :perfect:

The only thing that it could need is some 3D illusion

Select the planet and use filter/distort/spherize to distort the planet.
With the same planet selected, create a new layer and fill it with a radial gradient going from black to white.
Use one of the layers blending modes, to blend this layer with the planet underneath.

I added an example to show you how it might look.

PAKMN, I missed the part about where you went wrong in the tute, but I'm glad to see that you found your way through, if not, around it. Yes, a little 3-d illusion via Gauss' suggestion and you're off to the races! Good job! :perfect:

Back