What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with advice on Pano

VitalOd

Hi there ive been working on this pano (original size is 19000x5000) all day to fix the curves and im almost happy with it. the only thing thats really still wrong with it is that its to stretched out on the right hand side. Ive been trying for hours to find a way to basically relax the image a bit from the right hand side to the center. What i need is a reverse of a kind of rubberband stretch.

If anyone can advise me on how to do it id be very grateful.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks in advance

Rich54

Guru
Is this the effect you want?

Using the rectangular marquee tool, I created a selection of the right half of the image just shy of the house in the center of the image. Then I clicked Edit>Transform>Scale and shifted it to the left in order to "un-panorama" it.
As an optional step, you can use a layer mask on this new image on the clouds and sand to put them back as they originally were, so the shortening effect is only on the pier structure.

Panorama.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was thinking the same thing Rich except I was thinking about reducing the width equally from both ends, maybe slightly more on the right side.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.35.16 PM.png

Tom Mann

Guru
There was an ancient (ie, company went out of business in 2007) plugin called, "Squeeze" by TheImagingFactory that did exactly what you want. I found my old copy of that plugin and attempted to install it on a new version of PS (yes, I had to use a 32 bit version). Unfortunately, even with my old License key file, I still couldn't get it to work.

Next, I remembered that DxO Optics has a distortion correction function called, "Volume Anamorphosis" that does something similar, and I know that my copy does run on this machine, although I use it only infrequently. FWIW, I tried it using all of the default settings (including color, micro-contrast, etc. in addition to the distortion correction). Unfortunately, it changed a bunch of things including the vertical scaling, not just the one aspect of the image that you asked for, but I think one can see that there was some improvement in the horizontal stretching.

I doubt you'll want to invest in this just for this one image, but I thought you would like to see another approach.

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• Untitled-1-tjm01-DxO_10-ps01a-01.jpg
    Untitled-1-tjm01-DxO_10-ps01a-01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0