What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prevent users from Printing, Taking files out of office and Capturing screen?

calmman8

Our director suspected some of our colleagues who have sold the confidential information to competitors but we lack proof. How can we prevent users from Printing, Taking files out of office and Capturing screen?

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions.

I think it is very hard to do this even with very strict security procedure. some of them are:-

- Preventing users from accessing and using USB storage devices(flash drives, external HDs, etc).
- Prevent users from sending emails outside of the company network(or limit the size of the attachments).
- Only specific users are allowed to print.
- As far as I know, there's no way to prevent people from capture the screen of a specific computer.

i work in incident management and we get a ton of information across our desks that shouldn't be made available until after the incident is over. we can't take our cell phones or other devices into work, they get checked at the lobby. all bags go in the locker across the hall from the ops room. we can't use portable media like usb drives or cds. we have all of our printers in a printer room. once you print the print room attendant takes it out, looks it over and staples it.

If youre using windows you need to access the registry to disable the print screen button.. just supply this code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,00,00,2a,e0,00,00,37,e0,\

and you can disable accessing USB ports through BIOS just set a BIOS password after so that they cant change the bios settings.

If youre using windows you need to access the registry to disable the print screen button.. just supply this code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,00,00,2a,e0,00,00,37,e0,\

and you can disable accessing USB ports through BIOS just set a BIOS password after so that they cant change the bios settings.

Of course they can always use online printers anyway.

Thanks for your reply but most companies prefer using USB ports instead of blocking so I wonder if there is another solution.

Some restrictions online and offline is good. Like prohibit bringing of digital storage devices, even cameras. Limit the internet access, better if you have a Intranet. Also, make sure all the information on your office has a serial or encrypted information.

Back