What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print Dialogue

Firemoon

Hi All,

I'm new here and am looking forward to becoming enlightened by all you Gurus out there!!!!! I need it!

First questions: How come my page size keeps changing back to the default (Din A4), even thought I've changed it and clicked either 'done' or 'print', even on the very same document? How can I have Photoshop CS5 remember the page size and the other variants?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to PSG, Firemoon.

Not on Photoshop at the moment so I can't check on that.

I've never tried to set PS to remember the last print. Maybe someone here has.

Enjoy your time here.

Yup, I'm doin' it....over and over again, but it always reverts back to the DIN A4 default, no matter how many times I print. I pretty much ALWAYS do several mini-prints on the paper to check color balance and what-not. CS3 remembers and CS5 forgets every time. What could be wrong?

Yup. Just tried it again. "Photoshop Manages Colors" is on, but the driver remembers NOTHING. I change it to DIN A5, change it from super-fine to super-photo, change it to finest details and bi-directional, click 'done'. When I open the exact same document again, everything is back to the defaults: DIN A4, etc. etc. VERY frustrating and so much more work.

Yeah, I do use Epson....Stylus Pro 3800. Breathtaking printer. Love the quality, but the interface with PS is sometimes real glitchy. If I check the little box that lets me view the page in advance, for example, chances are, like, 50-50 that the whole thing will crash.

Yeah, I do use Epson....Stylus Pro 3800. Breathtaking printer. Love the quality, but the interface with PS is sometimes real glitchy. If I check the little box that lets me view the page in advance, for example, chances are, like, 50-50 that the whole thing will crash.

I think there was a topic in that link regarding CS remembering the last print setting.

YES! JA! OUI! SI! Success has crowned my efforts!!!! You really are Gurus here. I'm jumping. I'm screaming. I'm waving my arms. My daughter's looking at me funny.

I downloaded the driver for 64-bit and not only does it remember the settings, but there's this cool, nifty-looking new window with all sorts of useful information all-at-a-glance. I new someone somewhere MUST have improved on the interface.

This is excellent! Thanks a million. I'm coming here a lot!!!! :) :) :) :<>) [FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]

[/FONT]

Back