What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about cutting face from an image

Bema08

Hello, I am trying to cut out Arnold’s face and put it on a transparent background. Please see the images

kitxvsitvis.PNG I want to put a different quote and then print this on a white mug. It’s a gift. I don’t want face to be surrounded with the black line since it will become apparent on the white mug. Can you suggest me the easiest way and what tools to use to cut out a face from an image like that?

Arnold.jpg

Thanks

Mod edit: please upload your pictures into the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bema08

I am using CS6. Thank you so much, Eggy. I have found a video through your link that might solve the problem that I was having. I could not make a smooth selection. Thanks for helping.

I appreciate your help very much!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also...................you should start with a larger version of the original image. Don't work with that small "quote" image.

FullC6304D2006-01-01.jpg

Bema08

Thanks, IamSam for the suggestion. I looked up for this image already and tried to cut face from it.

I agree that sometimes it's more convenient to cut face from original pictures.

Thanks for the suggestion, again! I appreciate your help very much