What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about KNOCKOUT

ayalvit

I want to know what the best and quickest method would be to kockout images of people from a background ? I've heard CS5 has a built in tool for this. I've also heard the plug in "Knockout 2" from Corel is useful. So what is the best tool to use ? Also, is the plug-in "Knockout 2" designed for CS5 ?.....or only earlier versions of PhotoShop ? Thanks everyone for their time.

The images I am working are all very typical in nature.....a person with other objects or people in the background. I have to knockout the primary subject cleanly and was wondering what would be the absolute best tool to do this ? Also, does the tool "Knockout 2" work with PhotoShop CS5? Because I read in some articles thats only good for older versions of PhotoShop. I know CS5 has a tool for doing knockout work but I've never seen it used or know how good it is. If anyone can answer these questions I'd appreciate it.

CS5 does not need a plugin to extract objects.... don't waste your money on ""Knockout 2"" .it's junk

Last edited:
Like I said there is no absolute universal one best tool. If there was, Photoshop would have just that one. Which tools or techniques works best all depends on the image, and usuallt, more than one tool/technique is required to get the best results. I've never used Knockout 3, so I can't comment on it.

You might want to post one of the images in question, to get the best answer.

The best old fashion way to cut out an image is to use the pen tool however it can be time consuming. There is a really good plug in that is especially useful to hair render but also can be used to render things like bride vails and trees its called Topaz Remask

Back