What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove white background please

gazwils7

Tried to do it myself the easy way but it kept coming out extremely pixely so it would be great if anyone has any better techniques for a better result. Sorry, I know the image resolution is already not great. Thanks

gbc.jpg

MentosCubing

Power User
Sure thing. It's about a thirty-second job if you know how. You mentioned that you'd tried it yourself, so I figured you'd be interested in knowing how it is done.
boxing.png
I just inverted the image, then used the result as a layer mask for a black solid. (Since layer masks use greyscale images to dictate transparency, with black being completely transparent and white being completely opaque, all the information we need is already there once we invert the image so that the logo is white.)

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@MentosCubing - Just a note..........no matter which way you choose to remove the white background, you will probably need to duplicate the end result and merge so you get a perfect fill or select and fill with black again.

Before....
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 5.02.04 PM.png

After.
Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 5.03.49 PM.png

MentosCubing

Power User
@MentosCubing - Just a note..........no matter which way you choose to remove the white background, you will probably need to duplicate the end result and merge so you get a perfect fill or select and fill with black again.
Ah, I completely forgot about that! Thank you for the refresher; I forgot that the fill might not already be perfect.