What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing a feeding tube

Bosch232

Hi all,

I haven't posted here in quite some time, but I have a rather personal project that I'd like some advice on.
This is a photo of my 17 year old nephew.
He had leukemia and GvHD for about 10 years.
He passed away in the hospital on Sept 5.

We miss him greatly, but we're also happy he's no longer fighting that disease.

I've been asked to attempt to take this photo and see if I can successfully remove the yellow feeding tube.
This is a low res version.
Anyone is certainly welcome to experiment with methods, but ultimately I want to produce the final result.
I'm posting here seeking advice on tools and techniques to use.

I'm reasonably proficient in PS, just not sure what methods to try first.

Levi 2 Low Res.jpg

Argos

Guru
Hi, so sorry to hear that, i made a fast try to see the tools i use in this case, i used clone stamp for the most part, used the right cheek to recreate the left cheek and then adjust light and shadows, i think is more a detail and pacience job than a hard one.

Levi 2 Low Res4.jpg

Regards

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey!

For me, I would basically use the Clone Stamp tool. Work on a new layer. Set it's brush to about 50% hardness. Set the tools flow to 70% or less. Zoom in close, work slow and sample often. On the face, I would establish a base color and then add the freckles later with the Brush Tool.

For the corner of his smile I would borrow from his other side by making a selection
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.11.25 AM.png

Flipping it, moving it to the other side.....
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.12.44 AM.png

Adjusting it's color, and then blending it in with a layer mask.
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.14.45 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's what I mean by setting up a base and then adding in the freckles. Next I will add back his freckles. Your much better suited for this task as you know the pattern better than I would....I would be guessing.

To this point, this was a combo of the Clone Stamp Tool, Borrowing, and the Brush Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 8.41.36 AM.png

Bosch232

Thanks for the input. I started working on this today. I'll show you the finish product when I'm done.