What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing lens flare on a detailed area

prescottspies

Shooting a wedding recently, I suffered from lens flare caused by the church windows, a sort of upside-down artifact over the subjects. I have managed to fix most with a combination of a levels adjustment layer on the offending area, which has worked fine for skin tones and the bride's red dress, but I am having trouble with the grey suits the men were wearing. I've attached an example - the page boy's jacket pocket and trousers in this case. Using levels adjustments I always seem to end up with a colouration problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to fix this please?
flare-example.jpg

No PS right here to work with.

What I can suggest is to mask the areas you want to correct with appropriate colors on a new layer and play with the layer modes. you might have to copy the color layer to add a different mode to match.

Hope this helps.

A little cloning and some hue/saturation alterations, and almost there:)

Another method: make selection > new layer > change color to best reflect desired > fill selection > change blend mode to color > clone as necessary to fine tune the edges

By this time you're probably finished with this project. Nevertheless, here's my example (which would improve after several photos I imagine). Using the above method I described plus a bit of the smudge tool before cloning (that may have gotten a bit heavy handed . . .)

Attachments

• lensFlare.jpg
    lensFlare.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 7

Back