What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REQUEST: Good ideas to make my band photo look PRO

dsvnsson

Hi! I´m looking for help/instructions to make my band photo look more pro/cool. Also it has some mistakes i would like to vanish:
IMG_7233_pieni.jpg
1. The sealing should be turned from white to black and still look as natural as possible. Does this mean the singer´s hair will vanish?
2. The pockets I would like to be black, like this:
cop_taskut.jpg
3. One version which has the first two and all the basic gizmos adjusted, contrast, black&white points etc.
4. Additional with colouring/effects, something like one in below or else you think may be suitable for this kind of photo.
cowgirls.jpg

IN CASE someone decides to do these by himself (I´m sure it will take max 10min. for you true gurus ;), links for original pics are below. The divine individual who mails me examples will have my infinite respect! pentti.maikkula@gmail.com

JPG:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

RAW/CR2:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hi dsvnsson

I've Been playing around whit your picture

Some levels,sharpening,shadows and highlights and i got this version, it looks a little pixelated i know but this is due to the lost of resolution in the resizing process, the original file 3.8 by 2.5 Mp looks better.

band_00.jpg

I worked on this picture based on this tutorial Dragan Effect plus some other techniques.

dsvnsson

A little Topaz:

Thanks for all ideas and more are still welcome! Hawkeyes´s topaz is still the closest I´m looking for and I would love to get the effect to the RAW and original sized jpg (with maybe 50% less topaz-effect).

Sound editing is more my ammo, so maybe I can do some of that in return?

PS. Maybe the sealing should be white after all, but the pockets are defenetely better as black ;)

dsvnsson

Thx! Still not sure about the effects ;), but the pockets look great (altough it wouldn´t hurt if they were little darker, wouldn´t you agree)?

Dear Steve or Hawkeye, I would be very pleased to receive a plain raw with only the pockets coloured, via Megaupload or pentti.maikkula@gmail.com

dsvnsson

Can't do that.
Raw is what comes out of the camera, nothing else is RAW.

Here's a full size JPG, black pockets only.

Thx alot Steve! Noy sure if I understand the RAW issue though... Is your version made out of the original raw and saved as jpg? Either way the file size confuses me, since it´s twice as big as the original jpg and half of Raw´s size ;)

Steve

Retired Administrator
My version is from the Raw image.
A raw file is really a data file created by the camera that can be read by software.
To a varying degree the variable in a raw file like color, tint, sharpness, exposure, etc. can be adjusted.

A JPG is an image file with all the variables baked into the image.

arke1

You really should have taken the shot on a white background or something...so you could throw another background in later. I might have a crack at this and see if I can come up with something for you.

dsvnsson

Thought I'd get a little creative with this.

Great arke1! This is it, absolut masterpiece ;) I´d love a full version!

If you have a non-cropped version where there is more space above, even better, but this is so cool I figure something out in any case ;)

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
That looks like a Idad convention

Paul

Former Member
I have gone mad, i mean mad with these new brushes HA HA.:rofl: