What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reshaping a round object while maintaining edge quality

eozi

Hello!

I am trying to reshape a round image, with a very distinct texture and edge quality, into various different shapes. Most shapes will just have a small section knocked out of the circle (like turning an O into a C), but I want to maintain the edge quality and interior texture. I've played around with a few things but can't figure out the best way to accomplish this. Any ideas? What would you guys do?

Here is an image of a coffee stain to use as an example.

coffee_stain.png

I'd like to turn it into a rounded "C" shape, like this:
bubbles-c.png

Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• bubbles-c.png
    bubbles-c.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Something like this?

coffee_stainC_01.png

I just used the LIQUIFY FILTER.

Hi, thank you for your response!

I tried liquify before posting, but that wasn't quite what I was looking for. Liquify makes it too smooth. I really want to maintain the rugged edge quality of the stain so it looks like the stain was actually made in the "c" shape. I thought maybe I could use liquify to start, then go back and add the edge quality back in, but I wasn't really sure how to do that.

Thank you for your help!

You should be able to use the Liquify tool to rough up the edge as well, just make your brush really small.

Something like this, using the liquify tool.

coffee_stainC_02.png

Back