What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scanning multiple photos

KBookman

I recently learned of what sounded like a wonderful Elements feature: Scan as many photos as you can fit on your scanner bed and Elements will divide the scan into individual photos. The key was to use the "Divide Scanned Photos" command on the Image menu. Sounds great, but that command is always grayed out. How come? And is there some way for me to make the command work?

Then probably you have limited edition (i mean program).
Some scanning soft which are free or comes with scanner usually have limited some most valuable features.
And for money can be upgraded to full version (sometimes called PRO etc.). That's bisness.

So check program version.

OK, try this.

Put multiple photos and scan them as a single image.
After they're in Elements "Divide Scanned Photos" should no longer be grayed out.
Click on it and see what happens.

There may be a spacing issue I'm not aware of so spread them out.
If it works play with the spacing to get more photos on the scanner bed.

This may be the case. The software came bundled with a scanner and, yes, there may be some limitations. I just don't know. The version number (7.0) doesn't tell me anything. Thanks.

I think I just stumbled upon the answer. It works only in "Full Edit," not in one of the lesser modes. In "Full Edit," the "Divide" command was available, but in "Guided Edit," it was grayed out.

Back