What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seamlessly blend two night images (was: ...change the color)

Jantonio777

Hello, Im looking for your help. Last week I shoot some shots in which I tried to merge in a panoramic, the problem is that at the moment to used Photomerge the colors are very uneven, I tried to used the clone stamp tool. My question is how can I change the color in order to look real. Thanks .

IMG_0767.jpg

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Since the picture is composed of two pictures you'll have to make a selection of one of them and apply a hue/satuaration adjustment layer until it matches.

In the picture I upload I used also some Topaz filters.

IMG_0767 redo.jpg

Jantonio777

Im a beginner, can you explain me more please, how can I make a selection of the picture and how is possible to match the color. Thanks

Tom Mann

Guru
Rather than trying to correct an error like this after it has already occurred (i.e., after stitching), IMHO, a better approach would be to adjust the brightness of the two images to match before stitching them together.

Also, to be honest the result you obtained does not look at all like what one usually gets when panoramic stitching is done correctly. Usually, there is no sharp boundary like in the image you posted -- the stitching software usually tries to do its best to get smooth out the transition. So, I suspect you did something wrong at this step, as well.

My suggestion would be for you to post the two (or more) component images in the forum, then we'll suggest a good way to proceed. If your camera saved the files in raw data format, e.g., *.nef, *.cr2, etc., post these. If they are only saved as JPGs, we'll attempt to work with them. If you took several exposures with the camera mounted on a tripod, post (or put on dropbox) all of the images. This will be especially important w.r.t. removing the banding from the sky and bringing out detail in the inky dark areas.

Cheers,

Tom M