What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking the publics help! 911 Emergency!

NoJenkz7777

Hey all, I recently had a break in at my apartment and I think I caught the culprit on camera, Its a little dark so I cant quite make out what he looks like and its been years since i've done any photo editing so im looking for the publics help on this one. I'd really love to have a nice clear image to hand over to the police if I could. Anyways, if anyone can take a look at this and see what they can do it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_20170201_015937_zpsc7t4djwt.jpg~original.jpg

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Sorry to say but in my opinion it's no information in that dark area, you can maybe see a shadow but that i dont think is usefull to the police. sorry

IMG_20170201_015937_zpsc7t4djwt5.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree with Argos, there's simply no information. All I can make out is a window.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.01.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.05.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 1.07.23 AM.png

NoJenkz7777

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate the help but all you did was crank the brightness as high as possible and possibly sharpened the photo a bit. I could easily do both those myself. I have to disagree with you. Im hoping someone can do better if not I will be taking the picture to an expert.

Argos

Guru
The brightness it's to show is no information in the picture..... i think you have seen to many movies (not in a disrepectfull way) with no information nothing cant be done.

Cheers!

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What are you disagreeing with? There may have been a person there but it's impossible to tell with this photo.

For your information I did way more than just crank the brightness.

The photo only contains so much pixel information. If there's not enough there to show a person much less identify said person, there's nothing else you can do.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The brightness it's to show is no information in the picture..... i think you have seen to many movies (not in a disrepectfull way) with no information nothing cant be done.

Cheers!
Again I agree with Argos. Many people have some ill conceived idea that technology exists as it does on television and there's a magic CSI button we can push that pulls something from nothing.

NoJenkz7777

K, Its cool. I appreciate the help. Not looking for an argument. But please tell me you guys dont see someone here. Or am I crazy??
GHOST2_zps6s4dltek.jpg~original.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Respectfully, there's nothing there. I understand how you feel with the break in and that you would love nothing more than to catch the rat bastard who did it, but this image is of no help to you, an expert, or the police. I'm genuinely sorry.

NoJenkz7777

Ok so you're talking about the amount of pixels that are in the photo which i do understand. What if i were to post the Original, which is in HD and much better quality. Do you think then I might have a chance of making something out?

Argos

Guru
If the photo was hd and were a person there (i dont think so) then i dont doubt you can see the person, but that doesn't implies you ca n identify the person in my opinion.

NoJenkz7777

Well I more or less know theres a person there I was just seeing if its possible to make them out. The camera is motion activated and i had the sensitivity way down its really hard to set it off. Also whoever it was came through the window in the dark there. Then they went to the part of the room you cant see, when he came out he had his face covered and kicked my camera. This was just the only shot I thought i might be able to get a glimpse of his face. I actually have it all on video as well i just cant get a good look at the guy.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
By all means, if you have a higher rez HD image, then please upload it (don't link if possible) and let us take a look at it.