What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hybrus

hi, i just want to show you this design that i made to our college intrams shirt . . . i am looking forward for any suggestions . . thank you
sharks_shirt_presentation_3_4th.jpg

Last edited:
Great design!
But the bottom half of the image is to dark. If it is going to be printed on a shirt I would not use gradients. Just the 2 colors.

Color sample.jpg

Hybrus

so gradient is not good for print sir?

so gradient is not good for print sir?

Gradients are not a problem for a good printer, though from experience I always try to eliminate certain problems in advance.
This is just a suggestion. I would go for a look like this, because it's clean and has a bigger impact.

sharks_shirt_presentation_3_4th-1chrisdesign.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yes, gradients, at least as screen printing goes will require a more expensive process to print. Chris has more or less brought it to 2 colors which will print well,

Hybrus

oh . . . that's a good job sir . .. i will follow your suggestion, i will post a picture when it is printed on shirt. . but how can you manage to edit the gradient sir . . .

Hybrus

it will be better to print n silk than a digital?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
it will be better to print n silk than a digital?

Could you clarify that, please?

Do you mean print via silkcreen rather than digital printing?

I figure it should be cheaper via silkscreen process. If digital, a hot transfer sticker has to be printed out then manually pressed unto whatever you plan to make. This might add more cost to the manufacturing stage.

But that depends on prices in your area. Since you're in Tarlac, to make transfers might be expensive.

But that's just my 2 centavos......

edit.... of course, if you still prefer the logo with gradient color, digital printing is the way to go. But I believe there are companies in Manila that may be able to do gradients in their silkscreen process. But it's kinda expensive. And I don't know whether the price is right for your needs.

Hybrus

but when we talk about print quality sir, which is better?
how did you know so much about in my area sir?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
It depends on who does the work. There are silk-screen shops who's artists do excellent work. In the same way that you have to choose a good, reputable printer to handle the transfer printing.

Of course printing is better but with the price tag might cost you. And it may not be viable if you plan to do limited, low volume of shirts. It costs less to print more transfers. But the more transfers mean more shirts to use so's not to waste the transfers thus more cost to produce.

I suggest you compare the prices of silk-screen vs printing in your area versus your budget and planned number to produce so you can decide what to do.

Taga-Cubao ako...... formerly.......

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
It depends on who does the work. There are silk-screen shops who's artists do excellent work. In the same way that you have to choose a good, reputable printer to handle the transfer printing.

Of course printing is better but with the price tag might cost you. And it may not be viable if you plan to do limited, low volume of shirts. It costs less to print more transfers. But the more transfers mean more shirts to use so's not to waste the transfers thus more cost to produce.

I suggest you compare the prices of silk-screen vs printing in your area versus your budget and planned number to produce so you can decide what to do.

Taga-Cubao ako...... formerly.......

With a two color design like this- definitely screen (silk). (Silk screening is an out of date term because they don't use silk any more, it is man made screen material now) . To print the gradients as screen printing one would have to use the simulated process method which employs several screens and a lot more work thus more cost. The fewer screens you can get it down to, the less it should cost. Each color requires a screen, but with today's automatic presses, I have seen garments printed with as many as 13-14 colors. This also requires expert separations. But these are usually high volume commercial applications producing long runs of 500 - 1000 shirts.

There are printers that sell online that print with DTG (Direct to Garment) digital printers. Printers of this type lay the colors directly on the garment as it is conveyed under the print heads. So if you were going to keep your gradients, this would be the way to go. Transfers are not the best because they don't look as good, don't have the same "hand" or softness, nor will they last as long.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
With a two color design like this- definitely screen (silk). (Silk screening is an out of date term because they don't use silk any more, it is man made screen material now) . To print the gradients as screen printing one would have to use the simulated process method which employs several screens and a lot more work thus more cost. The fewer screens you can get it down to, the less it should cost. Each color requires a screen, but with today's automatic presses, I have seen garments printed with as many as 13-14 colors. This also requires expert separations. But these are usually high volume commercial applications producing long runs of 500 - 1000 shirts.

There are printers that sell online that print with DTG (Direct to Garment) digital printers. Printers of this type lay the colors directly on the garment as it is conveyed under the print heads. So if you were going to keep your gradients, this would be the way to go. Transfers are not the best because they don't look as good, don't have the same "hand" or softness, nor will they last as long.

Wrollen...... I agree with what Larry says.

But taking into consideration your location , Direct to Garment printing is very expensive. Tho I may be wrong as technology improves and competition grows, prices could have gone down.

And surmising this is for a college team, there may be budget constraints. Unless they plan to sell shirts to students and fans.