What's new

Text inside a dotted circle

tmm2367

Hi everyone

I been trying to get this figured out for quite some time now and I'm almost there, but I just cant seem to get the text lined up properly.

I attached the original picture I was attempting to duplicate and then the psd file of the work I did. I added a black background that I intend to delete and save as a transparent png file. I think I have the right fonts and sizes all figured out its just the lining up.

If anyone can help me out with lining up the text I would be very grateful. I really need to know why I can't get the second type layer to line up evenly.

Attachments

chitkaran

Guru
type the desired text
Give the desired blending options
Rasterize the layer
Free Transform -> Warp
From From the pre-defined optioned from the top of the toolbox, select ARC

Repeat the same for the lower part of arc too so that both layers line up properly to make a complete circle.

tmm2367

thanks for the ingestion. I actually tried warp and it distorts the text. I will play around with it some more or check out some tutorials on how to do it. There's always so many ways to do things in Photoshop i have to find the easiest one for this effect.

colleague

Guru
I see in your PSD that you are familiar with text on path
that's the way to do it
in the character-window you can control the distance (height) to the path
and you can control the spacing between the letters
and with the "direct selection"-tool (white arrow) you can control starting point and beginning point

here is a video to help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr9ttsOemJ8&feature=youtu.be