What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text inside a dotted circle

tmm2367

Hi everyone

I been trying to get this figured out for quite some time now and I'm almost there, but I just cant seem to get the text lined up properly.

I attached the original picture I was attempting to duplicate and then the psd file of the work I did. I added a black background that I intend to delete and save as a transparent png file. I think I have the right fonts and sizes all figured out its just the lining up.

If anyone can help me out with lining up the text I would be very grateful. I really need to know why I can't get the second type layer to line up evenly.

Attachments

• dotted-circle.original.jpg
    dotted-circle.original.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 35
  • dotted-circle.psd
    139.4 KB · Views: 4

chitkaran

Guru
type the desired text
Give the desired blending options
Rasterize the layer
Free Transform -> Warp
From From the pre-defined optioned from the top of the toolbox, select ARC

Repeat the same for the lower part of arc too so that both layers line up properly to make a complete circle.

tmm2367

thanks for the ingestion. I actually tried warp and it distorts the text. I will play around with it some more or check out some tutorials on how to do it. There's always so many ways to do things in Photoshop i have to find the easiest one for this effect.

tmm2367

colleague, would you please explain your actions to tmm2367 so he can give it a go? thanks.

I actually just finished up with the final psd. Basically what i needed to do was transform the text path and it came out perfect.

tmm2367

Yes, that's how I managed to do it. if you rasterize it the text does not keep its composure. thanks!