What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long story short my text tool works, but when I go to input text (with a white or any color background,) it will flicker the canvas to black for a brief second and completely cover the background. Then it will return to normal. Its like a flash or something and it only happens with the text tool. Any ideas on what can cause this? Thanks in advance.

iDad

Guru
Check what text tool you're using my first thought

Text tool meaning? Im just using the horizontal text tool and it doesnt matter which font. Even as I type this the canvas will flash with black covering all, then back to normal with the text Ive typed. Just wondering if there is some kind of error in the setup that is making it flicker like this. I did have to reinstall and its been doing this ever since. Thanks for the quick reply btw

iDad

Guru
Not on computer this will be tough click on text tool see the small triangle follow that

iDad

Guru
Just wondering about Ram is your ram memory strained

Just wondering about Ram is your ram memory strained

Ram should be good...almost a brand new pc 4gig ram Im working on a video to show you what Im talking about. its something I have never seen before for sure. Its like the interface is glitching or something and I have installed it twice now with the same outcome

iDad

Guru
So the problem involves more than text tool?

iDad

Guru
Looking at video says to me ram to many programs opened

I can see how you could think that, but a few things about that. I have only 2 programs running and looking at task manager confirms that. Plus with said applications running, with any other programs, I dont see any complications like with PS. For example. after effects, sony vegas, or illustrator run fine with no problems. Its very peculiar to say the least

iDad

Guru
Reset ps there's a command used for restarting it on PC but not sure what it is I use Mac look at forums listings it there

iDad

Guru
Good luck gtg! Hopefully another will carry on with suggestions