What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Leprechaun! [Photomanipulation].

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for sharing ZeroCool.

If you would like critiques, ideas, or suggestions, you'll need to ask for them.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

ZeroCool22

Banned

If you would like critiques, ideas, or suggestions, you'll need to ask for them.

Yeah, ofc. i want critiques, ideas, or suggestions. I post with that in mind.

MrToM

Guru
...The grass and the tree root are not on the same hight so on the root the shadow needs to shift upwards to have a realistic shadow...
Totally agree with you there Eggy....but....(you knew it was coming)....in theory that side of the tree root would ALSO be in shadow, so the shadow of the cauldron wouldn't actually be visible on the roots at all.

Likewise the Leprachauns' shadow would also not be visible on that side of the tree roots.

Doesn't it strike you odd that the side of the tree root furthest from the light source is also being illuminated by that same light source?

Just a thought.

Regards.
MrToM.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
I agree completely MrTom.
Diffuse light was added to the original picture.
I think it is save to say that with that kind of light it would normally look like this (roughly)

normal-light.gif

with a shadowside of the roots

shadow.jpg

inkpad.t

Guru
Apart from that already mention above , take another look at the hole in the tree area , The hole in the tree isn't right, it should have a visible edge on the tree where the hole has been cut or naturally formed , the gold inside or fire or what ever it is looks stuck on, The cauldron would be more illuminated around the side as the hole in the tree is quite wide. As the image is fairly bright in lighting, i don't think the glow from the hole in the tree would be as yellow as that as the light leaves/exits the hole in to a brighter environment.

ZeroCool22

Banned
Thx for the observations :thumbsup:, i wasn't sure about the correct way of the shadows over the tree, now i know how it should be done.

And some grass should be visible over gold and leprechaun shoes.

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

Banned

Keeping apart the rest of observations that are really good and help me for my next manipulation.

What u think about the "Rimlights" on this one (i make a specific focus on it for this one), i take in consideration ur critiques from my other manipulation "they are back", waht u think?

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Keeping apart the rest of observations that are really good and help me for my next manipulation.

What u think about the "Rimlights" on this one (i make a specific focus on it for this one), i take in consideration ur critiques from my other manipulation "they are back", waht u think?
In the "they are back" manipulation, I only commented on the transport beam that was hitting the top of the Pyramid being slightly off, otherwise it looked good. I'm not sure as to what rimlights your asking about. Can you be a little more specific?

ZeroCool22

Banned
In the "they are back" manipulation, I only commented on the transport beam that was hitting the top of the Pyramid being slightly off, otherwise it looked good. I'm not sure as to what rimlights your asking about. Can you be a little more specific?

The Rimlight on the Leprechaun and the Gold.

PD: U are right was, Eggy who commented about the Rimlights, lol my bad.

Last edited:

ZeroCool22

Banned
Good work :thumbsup: but I agree with Argos, the shadows needs work.
The grass and the tree root are not on the same hight so on the root the shadow needs to shift upwards to have a realistic shadow.

(quick one)

View attachment 67480 View attachment 67481

Apart from shadows what u think about the Rimlights (on Leprechaun & Gold) in this one, make an improve from "They are Back"?

PD: I read in somewhere the Rimlight on the Pot gold infrot of the hole tree (that have a more intense light) is too yellow, but i did like that because it's very close to the light source, it's supposed to be stronger if that make sense.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Use a bigger soft brush making the transition more gradual and keep in mind the anatomy of the subject

polar-bear.jpg