What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tool tip getting in my way.

meamjw

I am using CS5 in Win 7 Pro and am having trouble with a tool tip popping up telling me the name of the photo I'm working on when I try to click the X to close the photo. That pop up then blocks the close function until I trick it out of the way. I don't want to completely turn off tool tips because I sometimes forget what a certain thing does. I never forget what image I'm working on and besides the image name is already there, so the tool tip is entirely superfluous even if it didn't get in the way. Someone please tell me how to keep the thing out of the way in this one situation.

MrToM

Guru
Hmmm...can you post a screenshot of the problem please?

For me, the tooltip doesn't obstruct the close button and is fully operational.

CS_Tooltip_MT_01.jpg

If you wait a few seconds the tooltip should go away anyway...they do not stay on screen for long.

Annoying to have to wait to close the file but you could always do that using FILE > Close. (Ctrl + W)

Regards.
MrToM.

fredfish

Guru
Also if you right click on the file name you get the option to close.

Cheers

John

meamjw

Thanks to Mr. Tom and Fred Fish for your replies. I was not aware of either of those work arounds.