What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Topaz Glow....

MikeMc

McGuru
If you are an older player with PS you might remember Fractalis This is a newer algorithm and extras from what I have read. Simple plug in for Photoshop, it also runs as a standalone program, thats a first for me from Topaz.

As in most Topaz plugins, they have a menu of presets....If you like these couple of effects...go down load a free 30 day trial ... from Topaz

I have 3 different takes here... No Glow, Part Glow , Full Glow....not accurate as none of these are from the presets, just different degrees of fun.

Ihave seen a number of shots with just a bit of "glow" used.... NOT my style of over sharpened and contrasty, but landscapes that really explode...

NoGlow.png

PartGlow.png

FullGlow.png

Hoogle

Guru
Why is everyone suddenly launching fractalious style plugins all of a sudden, Topoz Glow, Akvis Neon, OnOne Fractals and even heard it being added to google Nik collection, I thought this trend had been and gone but all of a sudden it is jumping back at us. I have to say I do like it when used properly but I cant see why all of a sudden it is the must make plugin when it has been a liked effect for years.

MikeMc

McGuru
I got it as a gift...My daughter's better half plays with these at work....she saw one panel and thought I needed it. I must say, if you back things WAY down, it is impressive

MikeMc

McGuru
Cropped and cloned then some masking, levels, hues, and a touch of Glow

Glow made this image really POP !

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0117a.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Very nice job on the fish, Mike! Very appropriate.

I'll have to play around with it some more.

Tom

MikeMc

McGuru
Very nice job on the fish, Mike! Very appropriate.

I'll have to play around with it some more.

Tom

Thanks Tom....The more I play,The LESS effect I am using.......I have a few shots I think it might make a diff!

Tom Mann

Guru
I also *really* like your selective application of the effect, leaving the background normal.

+1 Mike

Tom

MikeMc

McGuru
Less is more..still tooooo much but I am toning things down