What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Transparency for Grouped Objects

cgo5023

Keeping things simple, I have a black circle with text numbers on top of it (brought forward). I need help figuring out how I can edit the objects so that the black circle has transparent numbers through it. Imagine the circle having the numbers cut out of it. This will be printed on a transparency and I need light to shine through where the numbers are. I've been stumped for a while with this one so any help would be appreciated

Hi and welcome to the forum!

This would be much easier if you had posted an example.

Are you talking about something this simple?

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 8.04.25 PM.png

or this?

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 8.07.44 PM.png

It's a guessing game...........

What do you mean by grouped objects?

Last edited:
Both examples are exactly what I'm looking to do. Sorry for not posting a picture, I'm on my iPhone at the moment. But yes that is what I'm looking to accomplish. Could you give me a quick instruction for how to do that? Thank you very much

Put the letters in front of the circle, select both and use Pathfinder - Minus Front.

Back