What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uninstalling ON1 extension

perkin5

I recently installed Photoshop 2020 and it picked up the ON1 extension from a previous version. I don't want this so I uninstalled it but the extension is still in the list as 'ON1' when I click 'Window->Extensions'. I have searched the C drive and deleted every ON1 folder with any remaining files and I have run a script I found online claiming to remove avery vestige of ON1 software, but to no avail.

If I click on Window->extensions->ON1 it just opens an empty panel. Obviously PS is picking this up from somewhere but it is not in any Plugin folder so how can I get rid of it? I am running Windows 10 (build 1909) 64-bit.

I recently installed Photoshop 2020 and it picked up the ON1 extension from a previous version. I don't want this so I uninstalled it but the extension is still in the list as 'ON1' when I click 'Window->Extensions'. I have searched the C drive and deleted every ON1 folder with any remaining files and I have run a script I found online claiming to remove avery vestige of ON1 software, but to no avail.

If I click on Window->extensions->ON1 it just opens an empty panel. Obviously PS is picking this up from somewhere but it is not in any Plugin folder so how can I get rid of it? I am running Windows 10 (build 1909) 64-bit.
Problem now solved: by deleting the OnOne folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extensions

TikiRikiTavi

I had a similar situation with an addon which I couldn't delete from my computer. I've searched everywhere and deleted everything related to it (I thought it can be a virus). In my opinion, the best solution to eliminate this things from your computer is to reinstall Photoshop again and to leave it like it is without additions. Also I tried to install some addons to my external tools which I use for work and I had the same. Later I needed to reinstall the drivers. Thank God I found free driver updates on the internet and I hadn't any problems.