What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Visit from Mars

This is a Blender composite, easy to create with a background image, (Foggy night over Swiss mountains) and a sphere with texture material applied.

This is the material I used.
Wet Paint.jpg

to get this result.
Mars Visit 1700.jpg

It is just a fantasy job, yet I hope that it will be inspiring for some of you.
There is little action in the forum, so I will show you this image.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Very nice effect Chris! :thumbsup:
Applying a material to a sphere in Blender without knowing how can produce awkward results...but this is how to do it.
That background picture is really special...be there on the right spot and time and get something that looks like scifi.
And yes, I wish there would be more presentation of artwork to be discussed too...

Thanks Lambert.

I found it impossible to apply wooden planks or similar geometric material to a sphere. In a way this makes sense, does it?
So it's important to choose the 'right' material for your object.

The BG image is really spectacular, and I wish it would be my own image.

Pipsmom

Guru
Wow what a marvellous picture. And it does inspire me to at least Try to do something like that

Eggy

Retired Moderator
You could apply wooden planks material on a globe but what's the point.
In this case you used a planetary surface to mimic a planet...logical isn't it.
And again that background image is a special one.
The photographer was aware of this atmospheric phenomenon to be there just in time...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent work Chris! I really need to make the time to learn Blender! I think it's an invaluable tool to have in one's arsenal when doing graphic work.

gedstar

Guru
Wonderful image Chris, I've been staring at a blank canvas all weekend, hopefully I can get my creative juices flowing again

Excellent work Chris! I really need to make the time to learn Blender! I think it's an invaluable tool to have in one's arsenal when doing graphic work.

Thank you Sam for your positive feedback.
It would be great to have another 3D guy in the forum. You would blend in well!:thumbsup: