What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warp Tool

Paul

Former Member
When using the warp tool, is it possible to add multiple lines to the field or is whats there a case of thats it?

Sorry both of you. There aren't ...
On the other hand you can pull and push pixels with the lines, with the handles at all corners, at all crossing points of grid lines and in the space between the grid lines.
You need more than that, go for the Liquify filter.

*Dang, that lizard beat me to it again ... *

Sorry both of you. There aren't ...
On the other hand you can pull and push pixels with the lines, with the handles at all corners, at all crossing points of grid lines and in the space between the grid lines.
You need more than that, go for the Liquify filter.

*Dang, that lizard beat me to it again ... *

You know, I think adobe should look into it.... an option to add more grids.... I can see possiblities with it - a more angled curve, twisting an image or text like a towel... that sort of thing......

Agree ! Actually - in a way I miss that ol' Shere Tool ...
Perhaps a suggestion to Adobe Developing Group ? Might be added to Warp in CS "Next" ...

I'd like to see more points on the warp tool as well, allowing you to save a mesh for re-use would also be nice (like in the liquify filter).

• 1 Start Adobe Photoshop and open an existing document that contains an element you want to warp.

• 2 Select the layer from the Layers palette that contains the element you want to warp. You can't apply a warp to a background layer, you must choose an actual layer.

• 3 Press CTRL+T on your keyboard to enter free transform mode. Notice that you have square transform handles surrounding the element on your selected layer.

• 4 Click the "Switch between free transform and warp modes" button on the right side of the Transform toolbar. You will now see that your element is divided into rectangles meaning that you are in warp mode.

Jackiemark,

it's not a question of how to use the warp tool..... but whether it's possible to add more more warp grids to the existing ones.....

Back