What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

watercolor effects question

Open a new document with size at will and color at will (I used white)
Untitled-1.jpg

add a PNG image (no background) at will or cut out an image at will and make it an uniform color
Untitled-2.jpg

Add an abstract watercolor background layer
Untitled-3.jpg

Select the horse (ctrl+thumbnail to see the 'marching ants and clip the watercolor background to the horse layer
Untitled-4.jpg

To work easily untick (eyeball) the horse layer and make a new blanc layer beneath the horse layer.
Use a splatter brush to make the splatters by rotating the brush.
Untitled-5.jpg

Duplicate the watercolor layer and place it between the horse layer and the splatter layer.
Make the splatter layer active (ctrl+thumbnail to see the marching ants)
Clip the duplicated watercolor layer to the splatter layer and reduce the opacity at will (I used 30%)
Untitled-6.jpg

Make the horse layer back active (click the eyeball) and if all went well you'll end up with

result.jpg

Open a new document with size at will and color at will (I used white)
View attachment 98898

add a PNG image (no background) at will or cut out an image at will and make it an uniform color
View attachment 98899

Add an abstract watercolor background layer
View attachment 98900

Select the horse (ctrl+thumbnail to see the 'marching ants and clip the watercolor background to the horse layer
View attachment 98901

To work easily untick (eyeball) the horse layer and make a new blanc layer beneath the horse layer.
Use a splatter brush to make the splatters by rotating the brush.
View attachment 98902

Duplicate the watercolor layer and place it between the horse layer and the splatter layer.
Make the splatter layer active (ctrl+thumbnail to see the marching ants)
Clip the duplicated watercolor layer to the splatter layer and reduce the opacity at will (I used 30%)
View attachment 98903

Make the horse layer back active (click the eyeball) and if all went well you'll end up with

View attachment 98904
many thanks you are the best
what about the skyline city image ? is it the same because that dow they used some brushes

It is the same and as you said brushes were used to add at the bottom by cloning.

Back