What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you guys think of this image?

Hi

I need your opinion on the attached image. Please advice what your opinion is and how can I improve on this image.

ThanksTraining-other.pngTraining-other.png

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
I think it will help to know the purpose of the image, if for example is for a section of a design in a webpage for me its too caotic.

Cheers!

(sorry for my inglish XD)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG!

I like your image an I do see a few things you might consider changing.

But first, I know what I get but what is the message your trying to convey with the image? Knowing this could help with determining if your accomplishing your goal.

Edit: Sorry Argos....cross posting!

This image is for engineering training that trains students on engineering stuff. The image on right is one of the products that we sell.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you sell or train for jet engines?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I'm going to base my current observations on this image only. I do think we might substitute in some different images later.

I think there is a very hard line here. This transition needs to be softer an go further left.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 10.49.36 AM.png

This area is what I call dead space. I think we might could find another image that would work better in this space.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 10.51.05 AM.png

Argos

Guru
i agree with iamsam and as i said for me is too caotic , less is more, clear message accompanied with a simple image, in this case to much image.

Cheers!

Tom Mann

Guru
As implied by Sam's and Argos' comments, it is critically important to clearly understand the goal and intended audience for an advertisement before one tries to come up with a really good design. In this case, I'm confused by your statement:
We sell and train both.

Specifically, does your statement mean that your company both sells jet engines AND they provide some sort of training related to them? If it's both, that fact could be used to your advantage in the ad, but as is, you are not taking advantage of it.

My next comment is that you are not being clear about whether the training your company provides is to learn how to design engines, ie, essentially an undergrad + graduate degrees in engineering, or the training you provide is at a much lower level on how to maintain them. This difference has a huge impact on your target audience, and hence, on how you design both the graphics and text for the advertisement.

Once we know exactly who you want to reach and what message(s) you want to get across, we'll be able to make much more meaningful suggestions.

Tom M

PS - FWIW, I taught engineering design for many years to seniors at a major university and one of my two minor subjects in grad school was aerospace engineering, primarily in the supersonic range (eg, shock effects & flow diagnostics)

Last edited:
As implied by Sam's and Argos' comments, it is critically important to clearly understand the goal and intended audience for an advertisement before one tries to come up with a really good design. In this case, I'm confused by your statement:

Specifically, does your statement mean that your company both sells jet engines AND they provide some sort of training related to them? If it's both, that fact could be used to your advantage in the ad, but as is, you are not taking advantage of it.

My next comment is that you are not being clear about whether the training your company provides is to learn how to design engines, ie, essentially an undergrad + graduate degrees in engineering, or the training you provide is at a much lower level on how to maintain them. This difference has a huge impact on your target audience, and hence, on how you design both the graphics and text for the advertisement.

Once we know exactly who you want to reach and what message(s) you want to get across, we'll be able to make much more meaningful suggestions.

Tom M

PS - FWIW, I taught engineering design for many years to seniors at a major university and one of my two minor subjects in grad school was aerospace engineering, primarily in the supersonic range (eg, shock effects & flow diagnostics)

The training provides details on how to build[FONT=&quot] parametric models of parts and assemblies, and create production drawings of your models and to build free form shapes, repair imported geometry and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]use surface to create complex features in SolidWorks. So I guess it would be both on how to design, maintain and repair them. Hope this helps.

[/FONT]
Thats great that you taught engineering design!