What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now this is the area I answer on a daily basis as I am a computer engineer that has to remove viruses on a daily basis from people who bring theire systems into my shop I can honestly say hands down bit defender wins followed closely by kapersky symantics is ok it does the job but it is a pain to remove and uninstall if you have issues even when you think you have uninstalled it you havent. as it is the number 1 selling anti virus it is the first 1 that gets attacked by hackers by the way it is not the performance that gave it number 1 selling product it is purely down to the fact it comes pre installed on every new computer. I would avoid mccaffee and norton all together if you run low on memory etc bit defender has a game mode where it still runs etc but does not take up all resources etc. If you dont share my passion for bit defender then try the 30 day trial and see how simple it is and effective and just found a link to back up my theory
AntiVirus Software Review 2011 - TopTenREVIEWS
oh also with bit defender the price includes activation for 3 computers possibly kapersky does that as well

oh by the way pc world owns norton hence it is number 1 in their review

This is an easy one. Microsoft Security Essentials is the only way to go in my opinion. I switched to it a while back from AVG, and during install it nabbed a virus that AVG had left on my drive. Its got a nice small footprint, won't slow you down and updates discretely. Very nice app.

Ok now this is the area I answer on a daily basis as I am a computer engineer that has to remove viruses on a daily basis from people who bring theire systems into my shop I can honestly say hands down bit defender wins followed closely by kapersky symantics is ok it does the job but it is a pain to remove and uninstall if you have issues even when you think you have uninstalled it you havent. as it is the number 1 selling anti virus it is the first 1 that gets attacked by hackers by the way it is not the performance that gave it number 1 selling product it is purely down to the fact it comes pre installed on every new computer. I would avoid mccaffee and norton all together if you run low on memory etc bit defender has a game mode where it still runs etc but does not take up all resources etc. If you dont share my passion for bit defender then try the 30 day trial and see how simple it is and effective and just found a link to back up my theory
AntiVirus Software Review 2011 - TopTenREVIEWS
oh also with bit defender the price includes activation for 3 computers possibly kapersky does that as well

oh by the way pc world owns norton hence it is number 1 in their review

Thanks for this.. really helpful.. :)

i use avast free home edition. avg bogged down some of the older/slower household computers too much.

I think Avast and ESET Nod32 are the best anti viruses..!
Any one suggest me, what can I do, my system is so much slow and due to this very slow speed of internet.. Any suggestions?

According to my experience Spybot is the best antivirus. It performs fast and has a high detection rate. It is the effective, often updated user-friendly antivirus out of all.

THE BEST EVER VIRUS PREVENTION IS:
Linux, free and effective. and you can still run photoshop on it with a little guide i made on here :D

Avast Free Anti virus
Avira Anti Virus Personal
Microsoft Security Essentials
Panda Cloud Antivirus
Comodo Internet Security

are Top 5 Free Anti virus for Home Users....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back