What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best Antivirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angnangita

Hey gurus, i just want to ask what is the best antivirus available? im currently using symantec but it uses a lot of memory although its effective, my pc runs slow specially my memory is about 2gigs.. any recommendations? thanks in advance..

Thanks for link steve,,, but i really need inputs for those who have tested some av.. because im currently using symantec and my pc keeps on lagging.. i want to know which is fast and yet effective..thanks again..

simple........ get an Apple computer! Symantec obviously gotta go if it's bogging you down. Steve provided you with top10 cant get better than that.

With variables like computer speed and memory I don't think personal opinions of individuals here at PSG will be very useful.
Also, it's not likely anyone here at PSG "tested several AV" programs before buying.

I run Norton 360 on my 2 desktops and 1 laptop, although it's a security suite not just an AV.
I see no speed or memory problems with it on my computers.

If you run Vista or Win7 my suggestion is Microsoft Security Essentials. Free and up to date, no speed issues. Depending on your system one or the other suite will always bog you down. MSE is virtually unnoticeable. Not recommended for XP though, looks like MS doesn't really optimise for that OS anymore and it does have performance issues there.

Chris

I've been using Kapersky on both PC's... one on XP and the other with Vista. With Microsoft Security Essentials and Tune Up Utilities....

So far , I've never had any problem and Jackie Chan has chopped every virus that comes my way.

I dunno.... regardless what AV one uses, one has to expect performance will bog down a bit.

2nd on Kaspersky...before that I used Trend Micro for years and had no problems with them either. I only switched because of cost.

I would recommend AVG. Nice package and friendly and efficient. Symantec products always reminded me of an overpaid, over-rated, officious, snoopy & pushy IT nerd reeking of cheap cologne that always bothers you at the wrong time. Hate it. Heard good things about Kapersky, rates up there for security suites but I have never tried it.

no antivirus is good or best..... i am using my laptop without any antivirus now ..... and from my last 8 years of experience i came to know that no antivirus can stop the virus entering your system.... so why to install and overload my system....

no antivirus is good or best..... i am using my laptop without any antivirus now ..... and from my last 8 years of experience i came to know that no antivirus can stop the virus entering your system.... so why to install and overload my system....

I have to agree with you that there is no good or best AV. But having one, even the most simplest like AVG, won't hurt . Most especially if you carry precious or sensitive personal data on your laptop..... ;)

I've been using avg for 6 years now, and I have never had any viruses.
Also, you might have to download one of the Symantec removal tools to totaly remove it from your computer.

i also have tried AVG but u know disappointed... my work on internet is only to download songs, movies, wallpapers, software and all other entertainment related material.... the last antivirus i removed from my system was avast... no antivirus now.... :)

I use the new windows security free download, does all i need and it's FREE.
I used to pay for versions of the same thing like Norton (kill your memory) and McAfee (to many add ons), the last one i used was also a free to use version by Avast (that worked really well for me).
But like i said earlier i now use the new windows security, and so far so good.

avast free antivirus , I'm using it and I dont have any kind of problems with anything

I use the new windows security free download, does all i need and it's FREE.
I used to pay for versions of the same thing like Norton (kill your memory) and McAfee (to many add ons), the last one i used was also a free to use version by Avast (that worked really well for me).
But like i said earlier i now use the new windows security, and so far so good.

Ill try this Belial.. thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back