What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Is Your Favorite Bands?

Frey

Banned
As visual art is important there is also the art of music, what are some of your favorite bands/artists? Mine in no particular order are...

Tool
Pink Floyd
Opeth
Nine Inch Nails
Radiohead
A Perfect Circle

Those are my favorites in an almost endless list of music.

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
A Perfect Circle is one of my favorites as well! I'm listening to 3 Libras right now :)
Other favorites include Less Than Jake, Barenaked Ladies, Journey, Gotye, The Ink Spots..
I like a little of everything! Too many favorites to name really.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Hate Pink Floyd, too much gimmick & U2, too much constant volume endless droning sound.

I'm too much of an old guy to recognize the other names, I have hear of 9 inch nails though.

Who do I like?
Beatles
Poco
Stones
Tom Petty
AC/DC (in small doses)
Lee Michaels
Foghat
Joe Cocker
ZZ Top
Deep Purple
Humble Pie
Jackson Browne
LOVE James Taylor
OLD Neil Young (Helpless, Cinnamon Girl)
Some Grateful Dead
Leon Redbone

Most Motown (Sam and Dave, Edwin Star, Wilson Pickett, Four Tops, The Temptations etc.)

I like Jazz:
Russell Malone
Earl Klugh
Kim Pensyl
David Benoit
Caribbean Jazz Quartet
Diana Krall
Michel Camilo
Fourplay
Joe Pass
Joe Sample
Michael Franks
Kenny Rankin
Peter White

I like Classical too:
Bach
Beethoven
Handle
Albinoni
Dvorak
Telemann
Mozart
Hoist

I know, not all really "Bands", mostly artists and composers.

Frey

Banned
Ok I just discovered something great. Both the video and song are excellent. It is the singer of Opeth and the singer of Porcupine Tree.

thedirtyknapkin

Power User
i like a lot of music

i mean most bands i only like 1 or 2 of their best songs, but some bands are consistently good

otherwise i just look for anything that i think sounds good, anything from local dubstep artists, to movie/game soundtracks

i frequently visit a site called soundcloud, which is basically a youtube for local musicians, specifically DJ's

i also like a lot of classical, though i don't like any beethoven

muse is generally pretty good, system of a down can be good, when it comes to modern electronic, excision is my favorite, as far as soundtracks go, the assassins creed revelations soundtrack is pretty epic...

i usually just listen to whatever sounds interesting at the moment, or whatever i can find

Klarth

There are some interesting bands in Brazil, but my favourite is Skank (you should learn it). From internacional songs, I like a lot of bands, but nowadays I'm listening a lot to Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Dire Straits and Foo Fighters. Other bands that I like include Slipknot, Metallica, Green Day, Jason Mraz, Guns'n'Roses and a lot more.

scyechilde

acid bath (anything Dax Riggs)
perfect circle
tool...(anything Maynard)
outlast
sublime
tom waits
Leonard Cohen
doors
pink floyd
DEAD CAN DANCE
deicide
sepultura
tupac
Jedi mind tricks
immortal technique
mastodon
the list can on for a while ..depends what mood i'm in or choose to be in

scyechilde

im not familiar with opeth or Porcupine Tree , but by the end of the day.. i definitely will be I can dig the ......... out of that

praygon

-Bad Religion
-Apocalyptica
-Muse
-Billy talent
-System of a down (especially lonely day and lost in Hollywood)
-rise against
-the used

To name a few of my personal favourites

Jessicayla

Hoopy Frood
-Bad Religion
-Apocalyptica
-Muse
-Billy talent
-System of a down (especially lonely day and lost in Hollywood)
-rise against
-the used

To name a few of my personal favourites

Bad Religion is amazing. My favorite songs by them are probably Struck A Nerve and Watch It Die. That whole CD (Recipe for Hate) is so good.
I haven't listened to The Used in so long but I used to be absolutely obsessed with Bert :p