What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When using refine edge in Photoshop CS5 some of my image goes semi transparent Help?

coffee_king

Hi there
I love refine edge in Photoshop CS5, but parts of my image go semi-transparent.
Is there anyway I can fix this issue after Ive created my mask?
Ive checked out some videos (about 6 mins 10 seconds in)
PW124 - Photoshop CS5 Review - Refine Edge Tool - YouTube

The guy seems to be painting over some layer or something with a black or white brush and it brings it back in correctly, but I cant replicate this.
Any ideas what he's doing or what layer he's doing it on, as its not too clear?
Here is a section of my image.

Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 17.56.18.png

Re: When using refine edge in Photoshop CS5 some of my image goes semi transparent He

You need to be using a layer mask. Use the output to layer mask function in the refine edge dialogue. Then make sure you have the mask selected in the layers palette before you use the brush. White reveals-black conceals.

Re: When using refine edge in Photoshop CS5 some of my image goes semi transparent He

Hi
My problem is edge areas, where it hasnt picked up the edge properly. When I try to reveal with white it goes all weird like this and mono toned coloured.
Screen shot 2011-10-23 at 18.23.58.png

that looks more like a blur or patch tool result than refine edge to me........???

Hi coffee_king

Seems like you are painting on the layer itself, which is not what was explained by
hawkeye, make sure you got your" layer mask" selected before painting it.

This may help

Hi
I've got it sorted now with white/black while mask is selected. God knows what I was doing before.

Back