What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have all the good guys gone?

Paul

Former Member
Used to be a right laugh here, bit like a doctors waiting room now:banghead:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Paul -

When I first read your post, I thought you were about to break into a rendition of ...

Where have all the gurus gone, long time passing?
Where have all the gurus gone, long time ago?
Where have all the gurus gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone.
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Unfortunately, no young girls for me, but to answer your question, I've been as busy as the proverbial "one-armed-paperhanger" for the last few weeks with end-of-semester duties, but that should be over soon.

:)

Tom

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forums change. Members come and go. The present forum can be what you make of it. Short of Avatar Wars, I'm willing to have fun when opportunity shows up.

As we are all different, one problem may be discovering what the current core group of members consider to be "fun".

Paul, what's some of your ideas for having fun?

gedstar

Guru
"what's some of your ideas for having fun?"

My idea of having fun is going to my doctor for very regular checkups :shocked:

Last edited:
I've had the same thoughts as Paul. I feel that we should change some things.
I also feel that the audience is getting younger and younger. Many new members come to PSG to get a PS manipulation done without the least effort of their own.
Many people have no knowledge of Photoshop but ask us that we do difficult jobs for them. I think they are the generation who believe in the "magic button".
I am sometimes disappointed when I work an hour to solve a problem for a member, and post some good screenshots. Many of them immediately ask for a step by step tutorial before trying themselves.

I've bee trying many different approaches to get people interested.
Very few compete in a challenge, and very few look at my manipulations, or post some comment on what I could have done better, except the regulars in the forum. (Thank you guys).
But this is just not enough. But even I have no "secret recipe" how to attract more people who are interested to learn and improve their skills.

I also know that life comes in waves, this forum is no exeption, though I'll never stop to give my best in this community and share my knowledge.

MrToM

Guru
...the generation who believe in the "magic button"...
Ha ha ha....you'll be telling us that "Santa Claus" and "The Tooth Fairy" don't exist next!

I use the "Magic Button" all the time......took years of practice and perspiration to find it though.

Regards.
MrToM.

Hoogle

Guru
16 - 19 hour days at work at the moment, plus very upset Girlfriend by my lack of time spent with her, Very little time to get on the forum at the moment let alone all my own fun stuff !!!!!