What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Flores

Hello! First, I would like to say that i'm sorry if i'm post this in the wrong topic… and sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian, so...

I would like to know if you guys could help me with a composition that I have to do for my college… My theme is flesh and spirit and i would like to approach the idea of personal identity, using characters of fairy tales… I have only one idea: Peter Pan holding his shadow trying to leave his body, and his shadow is a girl… I mean, like he was a girl in his soul but his flesh is another thing… and I need more ideas like that. Do you guys have some?

And, now, that is very important too… I don't know which aesthetic (I don't know if that is the right word…) to use… Maybe poster movie? I have no idea… My skills in Photoshop are not advanced, but I know a lot of things. But I would like to do something easy, that don't requires much knowledge of color, shading etc.

Thank you!

If you do a movie poster, you will need to come up with various advertising phrases, dates, etc. Maybe the cover of a book ... so you could keep any text to a title. Consider showing the book partly open, the spine of the book, etc.

Do you know how to make selections? You would need to make Pan into a selection if you were to use the book idea so that he could be on a layer above the book. For the shadow you can use the selection of an appropriate girl, fill her selection with a shadow color and transform it. You can also use a brush to round it out as you want it. Then you can set the shadow layer to a blend mode like hard light, play with opacity, and add a guassian blur.

The color adjustments can be done with layer adjustments. You can most easily make the dark to light similar with a levels or curves adjustment. Then the simplest color adjustment uses hue/saturation. Sometimes a photo filter helps to make things match. But, bear in my mind, you may not need to make very many if any adjustments. Usually you do though.

Off hand, I don't have thoughts about the idea itself. That seems very personal to me and should come from you. But that's just IMO. Others may enjoy the challenge.

Back