What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creative Would love to see what you can do with this....

Walshie1987

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and photography in general. It's something I was never into until recently, but I've always used photoshop to make slight changes to images. What I have always been into is Airplanes / Drones and anything else that flies! Recently I won a new DJI Mini 2 drone and got out to take a few pictures with it, I then found out that is took RAW images. I read a few articles and then tried to enhance one of my photo's in Photoshop Camera RAW, it turned out OK but I think an expert would be able to get much better results than me. I wondered if anyone fancied enhancing my photo to inspire me and show me how powerful Photoshop can be!

Here's the original:

DJI_0190.JPG

And here's my attempt at editing (I think it's slightly dark? would it look well if printed etc?):

DJI_0190.JPG

and I've attached the DNG File in the Zip.

It would be great to see what can be done to this, like I said I think it's "OK" but I'd like to see what an expert can get from it (and learn along the way!)

Any tips / constructive criticism would be really appreciated!

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• DJI_0190.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 7

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @Walshie1987
First let me point out there is no "right" answer. It all depends on what you are trying to do or what feelings your are trying to get across.
For many of my own shots I am only trying to please myself in what rendition brings back the good memories of what I was viewing. So its all very subjective.

That said, I started with your DNG file and turned off any existing adjustments that came along to start from scratch. I decided to try and create a draw for the eye closer to the horizon and further out foothills.

All I did was start with ACR on reading the DNG and then doubled up when bringing it into PS with another pass at the camera raw filter.

Just one interpretation and let me know if you have questions. I saved in sRGB (nothing seemed out of gamut) and also at med jpeg compression given the size of the image and limits of the website
John Wheeler

DJI_0190-1-adj.jpg

Walshie1987

Really impressive, like the look of them all! Thanks for taking the time to do them, I'll start playing around with other photos too and try some of those techniques! Cheers, Chris

JeffK

Guru
Playing with some painting and blend if adjustment...may have gone a bit too far... :cheesygrin:

sunset image 1.jpg

Here's the tutorial I started with...

Lot of fun to play with...
- Jeff