What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Edit YouTube Banner

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome. I have spent many years on YouTube and have seen more than my fare share of YT banners. I have also made thirty or so banners myself. I have made some freebies here on this forum as well.

You have done a great job!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now for the constructive feedback. I look at YT banners in a similar manner in which I view logos. A YT banner has to reflect and portray the content covered by the YouTuber. I think you have mostly done this with the background imagery.

The text you have added (vlogs, sketch, podcast, gaming, live, comedy) are all very large, distracting, and randomly placed around the YouTubers name. They are the first thing that draws the attention of the viewer. These were the first things I noticed and read before I ever looked at the Youtubers (channel) name. In my personal opinion, I would do away with the text and increase the size and placement of the YouTubers name.....or I would make the text much smaller and more organized where it's not drawing so much attention. Maybe place it across the top or bottom of the banner.

I think you have done an excellent job and for the most part, with or without my suggestion, it's a very good banner!

ghoul_edits

Hello and welcome. I have spent many years on YouTube and have seen more than my fare share of YT banners. I have also made thirty or so banners myself. I have made some freebies here on this forum as well.

You have done a great job!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Now for the constructive feedback. I look at YT banners in a similar manner in which I view logos. A YT banner has to reflect and portray the content covered by the YouTuber. I think you have mostly done this with the background imagery.

The text you have added (vlogs, sketch, podcast, gaming, live, comedy) are all very large, distracting, and randomly placed around the YouTubers name. They are the first thing that draws the attention of the viewer. These were the first things I noticed and read before I ever looked at the Youtubers (channel) name. In my personal opinion, I would do away with the text and increase the size and placement of the YouTubers name.....or I would make the text much smaller and more organized where it's not drawing so much attention. Maybe place it across the top or bottom of the banner.

I think you have done an excellent job and for the most part, with or without my suggestion, it's a very good banner!
Thanks for the Great Reply. I really feel much motivated now and I assure you that I'll be fixing all the issues that you addressed in this banner.

I have inherited your kind advice of decreasing the size of the random text that was around the YouTuber's name in the Banner and placed it at the Top and Bottom .

Thanks for the Advice mate !

I have attached the Banner with all the improvements based on on your feedback......Have a nice day !

tbb 4.png