What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I create an effect like this in Photoshop CS5? (see image)

skiier

21944.gif
The gray box has a solid gray color on the edges but white towards the center. How do I make this effect?

Thanks.

having a white-blue-gray shape like that and double click on layer, select inner shadow and play with value's, maybe that'll do the trick?
also a little bevel and emboss to have the shape come out?

Ah perfect. Applying an inner shadow and playing with the opacity and choke as well as shadow color did the trick. Thanks.

this makes me sooo happy, thats the 2nd time i helped someone with photoshop :) Ps: do not forget to hit the 'thanks' button right under the message :D :D :D :D

by the way you were almost right lol i would like you to get that image with an even shadow all the way round go

can't you adjust that with blending options?

you can just would be a lot easier to use custom shape tool with rounded rectangle draw a box grey then drew 1 white and then maybe use some shadow emboss etc for a more sharper finish

blending options is still the way to go, just use inner glow instead of inner shadow. change the gradient to a black to white and blending mode to multiply to get an even gradient all the way around.

Back