What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glare

KBookman

Enter your zip code here 19004

Is there a good way to either tone down or remove the reflective glare that frequently shows up in a photo subject's eyeglasses? I have a number of otherwise nice photos, but the viewer will always see these glare spots first.

There are many ways, the best way all depends on the individual photograph. Bear in mind when taking pictures that the angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection. A slight shift in camera or subject position can eliminate the problem.

i think it can be pretty easy but could better if you would post some image examples to see it clear

If your using a separate flash get it off the camera.
Sometimes having the subject slide the glasses a bit down the nose or lower the head a bit helps.

I'm editing photos taken years ago by someone else ... and I'm dealing with a very large number of those photos. Some have severe glare, some have only moderate glare, some have none at all.

My thoughts are get cozy with the clone tool. Sorry someone else my know an easier way. But I think you are looking at some tedious work ahead.

I'm editing photos taken years ago by someone else ... and I'm dealing with a very large number of those photos. Some have severe glare, some have only moderate glare, some have none at all.

I didn't realize that when I answered.
It's all hand done meticulous and labor intensive.
Sometimes you can take the better eye with less glare, flip it and blend it into the image.
You can also check out morgueFile free photos for creatives by creatives and search for eyes.

Back