What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to switch off "Thanks" button?

SeniorS

Guru
I'm instresting in that option, is that even posible? And maybe "like" button too.
But mostly i search for that "Thanks" option. Didn't find it in settings but maybe i miss something.

Why i want to switch it off? Good question :)

That's just my personal issue i quess. I feel greedy or something and i don't like it.
If i don't get 'thanks' for good answer, i feel disapointed, even little bit angree. I know i shouldn't and it's not about it. But i feel it. It goes away quickly but that's negative emotions anyway.
And at other side if i get 'thanks' for easy answer for "newbie" question, i feel kinda quilt. And i see it negative for me too.
Of course, i try to avoid all that and alter my attitude but not achieving much.
In after all it's bad for my soul.

So, can i switch "Thanks" button off?

Hoogle

Guru
LOl I thanked you for your usefull post dude we live in a society where the mentality is take what you want and dont reward the people you step on to achieve this. Yes it is nice to be recognised for some good work especially when you actually put some effort into it. And it has made me think differently before I do anything now I at least check they have explored other options or tried it themselves. I have quite a high thank you count but really it is low in comparison to the amount of jobs I have done on here. Welcome to the new world where people only care about themselves except a few of us that are willing to help for free. Sometimes I think about doing the freelance section approach where some of our members will only help if there is a shot at some money at least that will encourage me to try harder and do better jobs. But I never joined this site to make money I wanted to be part of a community that shares my passion for adobe products.

SeniorS

Guru
LOl I thanked you for your usefull post dude we live in a society where the mentality is take what you want and dont reward the people you step on to achieve this. Yes it is nice to be recognised for some good work especially when you actually put some effort into it. And it has made me think differently before I do anything now I at least check they have explored other options or tried it themselves. I have quite a high thank you count but really it is low in comparison to the amount of jobs I have done on here. Welcome to the new world where people only care about themselves except a few of us that are willing to help for free. Sometimes I think about doing the freelance section approach where some of our members will only help if there is a shot at some money at least that will encourage me to try harder and do better jobs. But I never joined this site to make money I wanted to be part of a community that shares my passion for adobe products.

I agree with you absolutly in general. But my point was little different. I have problems even with recieving thanks :) Complicated.

Sorry SeniorS, it's all on or all off.
I don't see a way for you or me to turn that feature off for an individual member.

Okey, pitty but okey, i'll live.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
XD i feel the same with likes, i say something or do something good in my opinion and when it doesnt get liked i'm like grr :p suppose that's just my childish ways though :p