What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help on adjustments

Enjey

Hello,

I need some help from the veterans to get this image completed. I lack the skills :I
I need the text to be completed and aligned with the background all linear and fluid.

If someone could help I would really appreciate it.

P.S: I kind of failed patching around the text.

Attachments

• Help.jpg
    Help.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 7

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Enjey and welcome to PSG.

Can you explain a little more about this image and what your trying to do here?

Like have you removed the text from another image and are trying to place it on a new background?

MikeMc

McGuru
This can be a simple text exercise...not sure where patch is needed....more help for us?

Enjey

Can you explain a little more about this image and what your trying to do here?

Like have you removed the text from another image and are trying to place it on a new background?

Yeah Im trying to get the letters to be the same color but i can't get them to without distorting the letters themselves. The letters I got separately and placed them on the background.

Oh and thank you guys for welcoming me. Hope to learn more from this forum.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yeah Im trying to get the letters to be the same color but i can't get them to without distorting the letters themselves. The letters I got separately and placed them on the background.

Oh and thank you guys for welcoming me. Hope to learn more from this forum.

I assume ENJAY is still text and is one one layer-right?

ALB68

No, the letters were cropped from an image, but yes I merged the layers for the text.

OK, so you just have an image of the text sitting on a layer. What is the specific color you are trying to make them? Are just a solid color or a gradient? Could you possibly zoom in on them and post a better screenshot so we can better judge where you are with this?

Enjey

Hey IamSam, The first one is right but I'm trying to get it be more surreal, like a dystopian or cyberpunk look. Keeping the original texture would be perfect but I can't get the other letters into the same format, lack the skills.

ALB68 the color I'm trying to get is the same as the N and J.

Attachments

• Help.psd
    4.7 MB · Views: 2

ALB68

Hey IamSam, The first one is right but I'm trying to get it be more surreal, like a dystopian or cyberpunk look. Keeping the original texture would be perfect but I can't get the other letters into the same format, lack the skills.

ALB68 the color I'm trying to get is the same as the N and J.

I hope you have another copy of this file that is cleaner than this one. Anyway, you can change the color on these pretty easy by using the Color Replacement Tool (located on the Brush flyout)
Just sample the blue color in the N with the eyedropper. Zoom in close on your letters. Set the color replacement tool to about 3px. Then, carefully place the x (crosshairs) on the color you want to change and start painting. Hold the mouse or pen steadily on the color and don't release. That won't matter a lot in this case as your only dealing with one color. I cleaned this up some with the burn tool to make it show up better.

enjay.PNG

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to see where the original letters were taken from. Perhaps that would be a better way to understand your interpretation of cyberpunk.

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 6.51.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 7.03.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 7.17.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 7.21.09 PM.png

Last edited:

ALB68

Here's one
cyber.PNG

Enjey

I hope you have another copy of this file that is cleaner than this one. Anyway, you can change the color on these pretty easy by using the Color Replacement Tool (located on the Brush flyout)
Just sample the blue color in the N with the eyedropper. Zoom in close on your letters. Set the color replacement tool to about 3px. Then, carefully place the x (crosshairs) on the color you want to change and start painting. Hold the mouse or pen steadily on the color and don't release. That won't matter a lot in this case as your only dealing with one color. I cleaned this up some with the burn tool to make it show up better.
Wow that's really cool. I'll get the letters again and try this. Let's see how much better It turns out. I like what you've done there already. What does the burn tool do?

Enjey

I would like to see where the original letters were taken from. Perhaps that would be a better way to understand your interpretation of cyberpunk.

It's taken from the movie John Wick, at the end of the movie the credits start rolling with the main cast represented with this style of text.

ALB68

Wow that's really cool. I'll get the letters again and try this. Let's see how much better It turns out. I like what you've done there already. What does the burn tool do?
The burn tool darkens areas selectively when applied to Highlights, Shadows and Midtones. It's opposite is the Dodge tool which lightens areas of Highights, Shadows and Midtones. In other words, if you have the tool set to Midtones it will not effect any Highlight or Shadow area in it's application. Exposure is the amount it lays down per application.

The Color Replacement tool is OK for situations where you have solid colors but not always the best to use. There are other ways.

Last edited:

Enjey

I like IamSam's last one. More minimalist as in less perfect would be just right.