What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS always opens old LPF

guidocoza

Hi All
As per usual I have a problem when I come here.
Some month back I did a HDR Panorama on Photoshop. At the time i saved it and afterwards I discarded it. Since than when ever I open PS again it takes some time to beup and running because it's "open large picture file"
On the first screen I than see again my old Pano.
I did clear the catch several times and looked if any I can find any setting that suggests to open a previous file all the time, but found nothing.
As i presume this ets memory and space pls someone hint me in the direction to delete it.
Thanks so much
Guido

MrToM

Guru
Why is PS opening a file when it launches?

This is not normal behaviour so do you have a script running that loads the last file used?

I could understand it if you tried to open a file manually knowing that it didn't actually exist but to have PS just open a file of its accord is unusual.

Regards.
MrToM.

guidocoza

Why is PS opening a file when it launches?
If I would know that I whould not have asked here (-:

This is not normal behaviour so do you have a script running that loads the last file used?
That was what I was trying to find out here, but NO

I could understand it if you tried to open a file manually knowing that it didn't actually exist but to have PS just open a file of its accord is unusual.

Regards.
MrToM.
I FOUND SOME HELP HERE https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1200538

have a look at answer 3 from "conroy" it worked for me!
I suspected something like this but had no idea where to look for corrupted files like this

Thanks a mill and hope i could help for a change:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrToM

Guru
Ah yes.....you'll get a 'Recovered' version open on PS launch.....but this only happens if PS crashes....you didn't mention this in your original post ..... did it crash?

Whatever....yeah, deleting the 'recovered' files from the recovery folder will do the trick.

Thanks for the update.

Regards.
MrToM.

guidocoza

Ah yes.....you'll get a 'Recovered' version open on PS launch.....but this only happens if PS crashes....you didn't mention this in your original post ..... did it crash?

Whatever....yeah, deleting the 'recovered' files from the recovery folder will do the trick.

Thanks for the update.

Regards.
MrToM.

Hi Mr Tom
I can not remember that P.S. ever crashed!

MrToM

Guru
Hi Mr Tom
I can not remember that P.S. ever crashed!
Hmmmm....I'm not sure if closing PS whilst its still loading a 'genuine' file causes it to make a 'recovery' version, PS crashing certainly does but I guess it really doesn't matter now.

If it does happen again the filename will have 'Recovered' at the end of it.....you'll know then that its a 'Recovered' version, (for whatever reason), and so can save it properly elsewhere or delete it from the folder if you no longer need it.

Adobe writes some strange logic into their products sometimes....PS doubly so.

Regards.
MrToM.

guidocoza

Hi MrTom
Thanks again for your advise. I, as a matter of fact had the file properly saved, as in "came from LR, in the original LR folder. One off the reasons I could not make sense of the "Second copy"
Keep well and keep up the good work you are doing here on the forum
Guido