What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC 2015 - First Impressions...

MrToM

Guru
Perhaps this tells the story so far...

CC_2015_first_look_MT_01.png

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/searches?query=2015&style=problem

Not very good considering its not even 5 days old yet.

Personal experiences are not good.
Note: The below is particular to my system and not necessarily the same for everyone.
(Although I've tried 2015 on two different machines of similar specs, the results were the same)

Windows 7 x64 SP1
32GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB

Some notable 'snags':
1. Marquee selections 'marching ants' disappear after zooming....sometimes it comes back, mostly not.

2. PS crashes when closed....mostly after being open for a while.

3. RAM leak still not fixed despite Adobe's recognition that it does exist...they have included 'Alt' + About Photoshop as a way to 'clear' excess ram usage...nice one Adobe! (This is impossible to do...any open menu instantly closes if you press a key....DER!)..(Ok, it IS possible, but you have to know how)....but it doesn't 'clear' anything anyway....least of all excess RAM usage!!

4. 'Save For Web...' is now more difficult to find under the new 'Export' sub-menu...Adobe must hate images being used on the web....I mean, who would want to do that?

5. Fonts are still horrendous to navigate.

6. Panel 'options' reset themselves every time PS is opened.

That's just a brief selection of the things I have found to date.

Conclusion:
Stick with what you have / know.

2014 wasn't too bad but the problems with it have not been fixed for 2015....instead, Adobe have just added more 'features' which means more to go wrong....and they have done.

I can't see myself using 2015 for a long long time.
It needs to be fixed, but Adobe never seem to admit to problems and fix them...they just add to them.

I don't want to sound completely negative about it, some of the new 'features' are pretty cool but I'd rather they fix the old version first and get a good stable platform from which to expand rather than just throw more things at it in an attempt to cover-up the existing defects.

If you plan to try 2015 out then I suggest you don't uninstall 2014, as pointed out by gedstar in his thread below.

https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...ous-cc2014-post1533713913.html#post1533713913

Just to re-iterate...the above is particular to my system and not necessarily the same for everyone.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
MrToM

I'm sticking with CS6 and CC2014 for now, I've been checking out this and people are reporting some serious issues there, seems to be a lot of bugs in the latest version
https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/content

Not sure if you noticed this issue
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1873899

I can't understand why Adobe are so quick to release a new version, they seem to be of late releasing beta's versions and then you have to wait six months for bug fixes, some nice new features added in CC2015 but hey if you can use the tools you need what's the point?
Why they can't add new features to the existing and might I add working CC2014 is beyond me.

That's my little rant over :devilish:

Ged

MrToM

Guru
Thanks gedstar

Yeah, the list of problems seems to be growing at an exponential rate each day....not unusual for a release version as more people use it but the problems have been many right from the word go.

I hadn't seen that particular article but I did see the same bug, I tried it but didn't have the same problem.

It appears that some issues are Mac only, some PC only but in general both platforms seem to have been hit hard.

Adobe are not known for 'stable' software at the best of times but this time they really have outdone themselves.....In my experience 2015 is 'unusable' which is much more than just a minor bug here and there that you could possibly live with.

For me, just the fact that marquees disappear when you zoom is enough to stop it dead in the water.

Maybe Adobe have been to the Microsoft skool of software development? :rofl:

I checked out the error log for 2015 and most of the time its looking for files on the 'development' PC....just unbelievable.

Classic schoolboy error.....big time, and a major embarrassment for Adobe.

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
MrToM

There's updated graphics driver for NVIDIA cards released yesterday, might be worth a shot to see if that helps in anyway

thebestcpu

Guru
.......Why they can't add new features to the existing and might I add working CC2014 is beyond me.
That's my little rant over :devilish:

Ged

Just be glad that Adobe is not mucking with a more stable code base and forcing a change on the customer. There are many businesses that prefer to test out any new software changes first, to verify their workflow with Actions, Scripts, and Plugins all still work together before considering a change to new software. Otherwise it would be the Adobe tail wagging the dog with the customers business put at higher risk. :)

MrToM

Guru
...There's updated graphics driver for NVIDIA cards released yesterday, might be worth a shot to see if that helps in anyway...
Many thanks gedstar.

My drivers' auto update and I thought exactly the same thing when the notification popped up.

Didn't change anything though.

I've not had an issue with GFX drivers before, not with any PS version, so for it to be an issue with 2015 does rather point to it being a problem with 2015.

I think its just a case of waiting for a fixed version to be released....although by then I won't have to worry about it anyway. :rofl:

Thanks again for the heads up, much appreciated.

Regards.
MrToM.

gedstar

Guru
No worries MrToM

At least we can look forward to Photoshop CC2016 next year for more to the same and the year after that and so on :rofl: