What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first photomanipulation...

ZeroCool22

Banned
Like i said it's my 1st photomanipulation and i hope, the "Pro's" of the forum help me to notice errors and help me to improve on my skills overtime.

I use PS since some time, but for swap faces mostly and for fun, never did a photomanipulation with various elements before.

Before:

free-wallpaper.jpg

After:

1ero fotomontaje 2.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Very nice work. There are some lighting issues, especially the open field, but it's a nice manip. I think you should do some more work on what I assume is a "portal", even though I suspected it, it took me some time to figure out what that could be.

ZeroCool22

Banned
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Very nice work. There are some lighting issues, especially the open field, but it's a nice manip. I think you should do some more work on what I assume is a "portal", even though I suspected it, it took me some time to figure out what that could be.

Hi and thx for the feedback.

And yes it's a portal, like if they come from there..

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK........
Just a few more observations.

There are many lighting problems, not sure where to start. The main thing would be.....where is all the light coming from? If it's the portal, then the shadowing of the house is wrong. The trucks headlights are too yellow and they are not casting light in front of the truck. There would be light on the tall grass.

There is a perspective problem with the UFO's. The one furthest away from the viewer would be smaller, the one closer would be larger.
The farmer is aiming/shooting at something between and to the far right of the two UFO's.

ZeroCool22

Banned
OK........
Just a few more observations.

There are many lighting problems, not sure where to start. The main thing would be.....where is all the light coming from? If it's the portal, then the shadowing of the house is wrong. The trucks headlights are too yellow and they are not casting light in front of the truck. There would be light on the tall grass.

There is a perspective problem with the UFO's. The one furthest away from the viewer would be smaller, the one closer would be larger.
The farmer is aiming/shooting at something between and to the far right of the two UFO's.

For the farmer and the right cow i take like reference the right UFO LIGHT, some light is coming from the sky background but the UFO's light change the direction of the shadows, or u think UFO's are too far away to change the shadows?

The shadow truck come from the window light.

And u are right i forgot the TRUCK FAROLS lights reflecting on the grass.

And the ALIEN & COW under the UFO almost don't have shadows (it have just a little), but the light of the UFO is strong and to close for do a more strong shadow...

And yeah, the UFO's size are not right.

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
I think its very difficult job with very many details to consider for a first manipulation, not bad at all considering that. All the problems already have been commented perfectly by I am Sam. But for my the main problem is the light from the ground, maybe lowing the brightness and adding more cold color temperature...

Example done in 1 minut, very poorly done just to explain what i mean (my inglish sucks XD)

geRwOR8-11.jpg

Cheers!

ZeroCool22

Banned
I think its very difficult job with very many details to consider for a first manipulation, not bad at all considering that. All the problems already have been commented perfectly by I am Sam. But for my the main problem is the light from the ground, maybe lowing the brightness and adding more cold color temperature...

Example done in 1 minut, very poorly done just to explain what i mean (my inglish sucks XD)

View attachment 64320

Cheers!

Thx for reply, my english sucks too, so we are 2 now. :D

What filter color u used Blue Cold one?

ZeroCool22

Banned
Sent mp in spanish so he can understand perfectly.

Cheers!

RgCsF5K.gif

Helios

Nice work here!

The only other thing I want to point out is that the scale of the trees you have added in the background is problematic. The view distances involved with the grassy landscape would mean those trees are miles high. I would consider leaving the background as clouds, as per the original image, or maybe (if you wanted to add anything) put mountains there instead. But always watch your scales when working with an image in which you can see a long way - unless of course you wanted those trees to add a surreal feeling to the piece, in which case ignore me. :p

ZeroCool22

Banned
Nice work here!

The only other thing I want to point out is that the scale of the trees you have added in the background is problematic. The view distances involved with the grassy landscape would mean those trees are miles high. I would consider leaving the background as clouds, as per the original image, or maybe (if you wanted to add anything) put mountains there instead. But always watch your scales when working with an image in which you can see a long way - unless of course you wanted those trees to add a surreal feeling to the piece, in which case ignore me. :p

Thx for the feedback. :thumbsup: