What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outlining Text

Hi! I am trying to create a decal for my motorcycle using the Beyond font from dafont.com. I have the foreground numbers (00), but I need to make the background now which should be a solid outline of the zeros. I don't know how to trace the object, let alone scale it to be slightly larger, and am having a hard time with the pen tool. Can anyone help? Attached is the .psd file.

Attachments

• 00Beyond.psd
    5.4 MB · Views: 5

gedstar

Guru
Hi and welcome to PSG

Is it something like this you want to create?

00Beyond.png

Last edited:

fredfish

Guru
Not totally sure what you are after but I think you are saying you are having difficulty recreating the O's without the cut outs?

Attached is a .psd that has an extra layer of the O's in solid black. If you want to create an outline from it just ctrl click on the layer icon to select it and then apply a stroke to it. You can then free transform it to create a different size.

View attachment 00Beyond 2.psd

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Not totally sure what you are after but I think you are saying you are having difficulty recreating the O's without the cut outs?

Attached is a .psd that has an extra layer of the O's in solid black. If you want to create an outline from it just ctrl click on the layer icon to select it and then apply a stroke to it. You can then free transform it to create a different size.

View attachment 78657

Cheers

John

I'm confused as well, even more so now :rofl:

Thank you gedstar too. I know my post was confusing. John got what I was after. Now on to see if I can scale it so it looks like the background to the shapes with the cutouts!

fredfish

Guru
Thank you @gedstar too. I know my post was confusing. John got what I was after. Now on to see if I can scale it so it looks like the background to the shapes with the cutouts!

NP - if you still have problems come back and ask again :thumbsup:

Cheers

John

gedstar

Guru
Thank you @gedstar too. I know my post was confusing. John got what I was after. Now on to see if I can scale it so it looks like the background to the shapes with the cutouts!

My brain was thinking of something completely different :rolleyes: glad John sorted it for you :thumbsup:

Hi! This is shape I want, but when I open it in photoshop, the outlines are separate elements. How can I make the negative space inside the pink outlines become one solid shape?