What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing color of a script (scanned) in a png file...

56_kruiser

My daughter wants me to change a jpeg of here logo into a watermark from below png.

Watermark.png
I need to make the white background transparent. The problem is, the background is not all pure white, so use of background eraser nor magic eraser gets it all. I tried manually erasing using my Bamboo and pen it still isn't cutting it.

So I have a copy of that in black on transparent background. But I don't seem to know how to change the color from black to the fascia color of her image. I tried playing with the various color and hue settings in Image/Adjustments, but an not finding myself successful.

Any suggestions:

Thanks...

Attachments

• Watermark-New.png
    Watermark-New.png
    511.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi

You could try the Color Range selection tool

Untitled.jpg

Once you have the selection, hit CTRL + J to copy that to a new layer, use the Eye Dropper tool to sample the color, then CTRL + Click on the new layers thumbnail to make a selection, go to Select, Modify and Expand and expand by 1px, then hit SHIFT + Backspace to fill the selection with that color

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

You could try the Color Range selection tool

View attachment 79018

Once you have the selection, hit CTRL + J to copy that to a new layer, use the Eye Dropper tool to sample the color, then CTRL + Click on the new layers thumbnail to make a selection, go to Select, Modify and Expand and expand by 1px, then hit SHIFT + Backspace to fill the selection with that color

View attachment 79021

View attachment 79020

I really appreciate the details. I am doing something wrong, apparently. Of course I am working on a different file...the one that is transparent with the black letters.

After I do the Modify and Expand by 1 Px, I click OK, then hit the Ctrl+Bksp. But I get the following error:

Could not fill because there is not enough data to fill it in a content-aware manner.

In case you need it, here's a better quality one PNG with transparent BG

That works great. Thanks!.

I don't know how you got that done with the image I uploaded. The one I was working on was a mess after trying to delete the non-fuscia color. It had a whitish edge all the way around.

Back