What's new

Changing color of a script (scanned) in a png file...

56_kruiser

My daughter wants me to change a jpeg of here logo into a watermark from below png.

Watermark.png
I need to make the white background transparent. The problem is, the background is not all pure white, so use of background eraser nor magic eraser gets it all. I tried manually erasing using my Bamboo and pen it still isn't cutting it.

So I have a copy of that in black on transparent background. But I don't seem to know how to change the color from black to the fascia color of her image. I tried playing with the various color and hue settings in Image/Adjustments, but an not finding myself successful.

Any suggestions:

Thanks...

Attachments

gedstar

Guru
Hi

You could try the Color Range selection tool

Untitled.jpg

Once you have the selection, hit CTRL + J to copy that to a new layer, use the Eye Dropper tool to sample the color, then CTRL + Click on the new layers thumbnail to make a selection, go to Select, Modify and Expand and expand by 1px, then hit SHIFT + Backspace to fill the selection with that color

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Last edited:

56_kruiser

Hi

You could try the Color Range selection tool

View attachment 79018

Once you have the selection, hit CTRL + J to copy that to a new layer, use the Eye Dropper tool to sample the color, then CTRL + Click on the new layers thumbnail to make a selection, go to Select, Modify and Expand and expand by 1px, then hit SHIFT + Backspace to fill the selection with that color

View attachment 79021

View attachment 79020
I really appreciate the details. I am doing something wrong, apparently. Of course I am working on a different file...the one that is transparent with the black letters.

After I do the Modify and Expand by 1 Px, I click OK, then hit the Ctrl+Bksp. But I get the following error:

Could not fill because there is not enough data to fill it in a content-aware manner.

56_kruiser

In case you need it, here's a better quality one PNG with transparent BG
That works great. Thanks!.

I don't know how you got that done with the image I uploaded. The one I was working on was a mess after trying to delete the non-fuscia color. It had a whitish edge all the way around.