What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Having "crashing" problems with Photoshop 3D feature.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna Hussie

I have been told by people that i should make sure that my video card is up to date. The problem is that I already tried that like 2-3 times. I downloaded the drivers and they are still in my PC but don't even know if they were installed or if those files are conflicting with the present driver. How can I reset my Video card driver and update it?

Last edited:

Steve

Retired Administrator
Windows or Mac?
Desktop or laptop?
Does the card support OpenGL and if it does open PS and see if it's checked or grayed out in Edit|Preferences|Performance.

cyberwasp

Anna, I'm new jhere so I hope am not breaking any rules. I'm guesing you downloaded the drivers to your download directory or one of your choice. if so did you double click the downloaded file and run it. if so it should of overwritten your old driver with the new one. you can check this by going to the start menu and typing the word device. clicking on device manager. a winows will open.

Look for display adapters and open it, double click the displayed name, "mine is nvidia Geforce." double click that and then the driver tab. the version and date of the drive will show. you can also click the update driver button toward the bottom to let windows search for a newer one. I hope this helps

I have been told by people that i should make sure that my video card is up to date. The problem is that I already tried that like 2-3 times. I downloaded the drivers and they are still in my PC but don't even know if they were installed or if those files are conflicting with the present driver. How can I reset my Video card driver and update it?

ibclare

Queen Bee
cyberwasp, you might have gotten an answer from Anna, but as this post is well over a year old, I am now closing it. If you would like to repost your question as a new thread or in the other one you've posted, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.